Introducing Digitakt

Yeah this one is nice!! Making some loops to do this today in preparation

First elektron box for me, so donā€™t have that as an option.

Looking forward to using it with my Toraiz Sp16 I can record each part or pattern to a pad and save it and then create different combinations in song mode.

So THAT is what they were thinking leaving that off! Control patterns from another Elektron and controlling BPM from the DT.

Sly, Elektron. Slyā€¦

Iā€™m loving this plan of theirs. Each box specializing in a specific thing. Itā€™s brilliant and very consumer friendly. The hardest thing is having an Elektron box that you only use 80% of its features on, but really love 20% of(by this, Iā€™m talking about the OT and audio processing/routing)

Control All is on there, but I donā€™t think the have implemented the thing Cenk said they were adding about having everything going back to its original state.

1 Like

Hopefully you can use a copy/paste approach. It would be really cool to mess with the BPM and then it jumps back to its copied tempo on paste

itā€™s just reload pattern. itā€™s on every elektron box.

yea you just save it first.

The way I see the Digitakt is that its a work station to create your patterns save them onto another device like the Mpc live or the sp16 and perform. I think it would be difficult to perform with it because you are creating your performances live in which could be unpredictable. Also when Cenk did demos there is no way to listen to the samples on the headphones. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Yes but it may be a bit glitchy. I havenā€™t tried it on all the parameters yet really just filter and tune. This thing is great Iā€™ve been on it since 11 this morning lol. Starting to pair it with the monomachine now :slight_smile: Maybe Iā€™ll post a vid tomorrowā€¦

Also, the distortion is fantastic IMO. It doesnā€™t sound like normal distortion, its great for kick drums gives it a clean thump perfect for cutting through the mix.

3 Likes

edit: I meant reload kit.
so youā€™re saying on dt you canā€™t save and reload the kit (whatever they call it with their new DT file system)?
I find that hard to believe.

The more I see this the more I want it

Edit!

You donā€™t suppose the Control All would work for the midi tracks as well, would ya?! From what I heard of that video Iā€™m hearing a lot of potential. I donā€™t need the sequencer as it stands but the midi capability could be REALLY COOL to control the performance macros in tandem with other gear, like the perf macros of A4 or AR

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna hold off on even thinking about getting this thing until I play with it in a store. If the Heat knocks my socks off when I finally get to play with MINE TOMORROW and this thing is surprisingly awesome to me Iā€™ll stop questioning Elektron and just get in on whatever item they preorder for.

Itā€™s been a bad year for doubting Elektron since the Heat reveal, and I think Iā€™ll be singing Amazing Grace quite soon

That ongoing secret thread leading up to the reveal of AH!

2 Likes

Does the sequencer record Note-Off info in Live Rec mode? That still bugs me sometimes on OTā€¦

1 Like

and a longer vid has emerged
https://youtu.be/kiV44wk52-c

6 Likes

Is there still no ā€˜auto auditionā€™ when browsing samples?

How are users feeling about the new knob response curves? More natural than traditional Elektron?

Distortion/filter/pitch quality vs same on OT?

Didnt realise so few videos and deliveries yet, I got mine friday so Ill try and post . Im completely new to elektron stuff apart from an AH so my skill level is really low.

And for a laugh , notice what a fuck up there is with my FUNC

5 Likes

lqtmā€¦does it work?