Introducing Digitakt

I love that it is seems like a great product, without undermining any existing Elektron owner/users. Really good job striking a balance of improvements and covering new territory.

4 Likes

At least nobody talks anymore about OB 1.15 bugs

2 Likes

You know the drum synthesis is going to be on point. Now they added chromatic to digi drums! This will be special!

3 Likes

They said portable but no mention of battery. If it had we would of known by know.

Oempfā€¦ its a long wait till april

op-1 has an OLED screen for a long time :slight_smile: I donā€™t think itā€™s a big deal as long as it has good viewing angle

this looks and reminds me nothing of Apple. i think iā€™ts a nice evolution of Elektronā€™s industrial design

3 Likes

Being digital, the synthesis engines (aka machines) can be anything.
Iā€™m betting on consecutive expansion and evolvement of their possibilities.

1 Like

Very cool but hard to justify buying when already own a Rytm. As others said would be nice for Rytm to get an update in some capacity. But excellent job, the new look is fantastic, boxes will no doubt look like this going forward. This and an AH would be mean, I can see kids new to Elektron going that option big time

1 Like

itā€™s more hard to justify buying if you own a machinedrum

4 Likes

i have the same kind of bright yellow OLED on my Ambikaā€¦ its greatā€¦ best screen ive ever seen TBH

looks the same in all lighting conditions, extra nice in the dark because theres no backlight, only foregroundā€¦ its always readable and you dont go blind for a second like when staring at LCD in dark then looking awayā€¦

i take a picture tonight and post it for you

It seems pretty clear to me that thereā€™s no synthesis engines. It is a simple one shot sampler.

Real bummer that they butchered all the cool stuff out of the OT (the scene fader system, the complex sample mangling) and replaced it with ā€œoverbridgeā€ instead of making this a full blown OT2. Sooner or later the OT will be a legacy device and this will be the follow up. Real bummer. This thing just seems like a Elektrons panic reaction to Pioneer and Akais recent releases.

5 Likes

Question is the MD worth selling for this? IDK?

1st affordable music instrument from elektron, people now can have a taste of elektronā€™s machines without heating too much their credit cards

4 Likes

:cb: Sooooooooounds please !!! :cb:

And one crucial question : does it do cowbell ??

9 Likes

Overbridge with MD looks tempting we must hear the inner machines

3 Likes

Number 5

I doubt that.

1 Like

must be. also happy that i can sample my banjo

1 Like

Iā€™m liking the graphics change, very inviting. OLED looks great. The design reminds me more of the Pyramid than an apple product. I canā€™t wait to hear some demoā€™s and see what the synth machiens look like in this.

2 Likes

It says on the 1st line that itā€™s a digital drum machine AND sampler. There will be drum synthesis on this baby.

3 Likes