Introducing Digitakt

Well this is digital and parts are cheeper these days.

In the presentation Cenk clearly said it is a “drum sampler”. It was real short and noisy but I think I heard it correctly. Drum sampler to me sounds like euphemism for one shot sampler.

no, its not an OT2… this is a MD2

octatrack is more like a experimental tape loop/sampler/multifx freakout machine with midi sequencer… its pretty unique, this definitely doesnt replace it at all

i bet there will be something like an OT2 at some point, but this isnt it

honestly im more interested in a MM2… altho id love to see :3lektron: go back to their roots and make an 8 track chiptune/8-bit synth/sequencer with a variety of real internal 8-bit chipsets, maybe with extra analog filters or digi-fx or something … that would be super cool

4 Likes

Ok, I think I missed that. It still seems a bit unclear.

Totally agree.

And I hate to say it, but if I was starting from scratch, I’d probably get the Digitakt and Heat instead of Rytm. My main complaint on the Rytm is that it can’t use at least one track for simple MIDI sequencing. I’d miss the Rytm’s analog drum synthesis but could live without it if I had MIDI sequencing, samples, digi drum synthesis from Digitakt, and analog filter and distortion from Heat.

Hmmm. Got some thinking to do. And future demos to watch!

2 Likes

Oh SHIIIIIIIIITTTT. Fair Play Electron. :sunny:

1 Like

I asked on the IRC haha. Apparently it can do 8 simultaneous cowbells while also midi controlling 8 cowbless haha

3 Likes

And to me the product details supersedes what someone mistakingly forgets to mention…

1 Like

He probably was caught up in the moment and didn’t describe the synthesis part of it. Who knows?

2 Likes

this

Ok, point granted. But take a look at the pads. Why would they be named after instruments if they were simply interchangeable sample slots?

4 Likes

lol why are you being so pedantic about this, read: We’re excited to announce Digitakt, an eight track digital drum machine and sampler.

There’s FREAKING labels on the machine’s pads that say KICK SNARE TOM etc you really think they aren’t going to have internal digital drum synthesis engines? lol

7 Likes

What does that mean?

More cowbell?

1 Like

Yes i agree i definitively think there will synthesis engine so yes it’s more like a modernized MD
But again hummm speculation there;…

1 Like

Congratulations Elektron and the team! It looks great, super features and price is right.

4 Likes

I soooo wanted MM engines in this!

It almost hurts now that I think of it… MM engines…

1 Like

Calm down sir. Pedantic? It’s quite a huge difference.

2 Likes

CAn never have enough cowbell.

But, unless Simons answer was a jokey as my question it could mean that we should be able to load various engines onto all internal 8 tracks (rather than it being fixed). REally dunno though.

You sure about that? AR has soooo much punch and raw power it will be hard to replicate with a digi drum synth.

2 Likes