Introducing Digitakt

Mine shipped, just got the mail !

10 Likes

hooray ā€¦ mine shipped too

7 Likes

so they are shipping the first batch without a manual? weird.

1 Like

:fearful: Whereā€™s mine? :fearful:

No worries, guess Iā€™ll have to spend this sunny day outside then:)))))))

1 Like

+1 to stereo.

Mono can rule the world,
The shiny stars need the underlying black of the wide open space that the shine can come thru. Think of that :wink:

so iĀ“d liked to have a stereo capability, and even if it was for just one track, and even with giving up another track, just for that wide black spacey stereo sample to underly all that world ruling Mono, haha.

2 Likes

where did you hear that from?

Weirdly got an e-mail from G4M this morning saying the order has now been delayed, no revised date, just ā€˜as soon as possibleā€™.

Good job I didnā€™t get too excited. Ho hum. Wasnā€™t expecting it until mid June when I ordered so not complainingā€¦ just a bit odd.

My bax order is moved from this week to week 27!?

haha

Iā€™m in Sweden.

I just assume because itā€™s not online. why would they have a print version ready and not post it?

1 Like

oh i see you were just guessing.
the question could also be inverted - why would they put it online if thereā€™s a printed one in the box
(personally i hope theyā€™re too busy packing and shipping to worry about spending time updating a support page on the website for a device no-one is using yet)

1 Like

well itā€™s 2017 and most gear i buy including some elektron stuff doesnā€™t even come with anything printed anymore for obvious reasons. also i think elektron is more than just one guy running the whole show, shipping and packaging boxes, programming microchips and updating the webpage, being super busy only right before new releases hit the market.

would be no surprise ā€¦ there will probably be some kind of quick-start manualā€¦ the final manual will be available in some time online

I donā€™t mind ā€¦ I donā€™t want a printed manual and I appreciate it as it saves resources

@verstaerker @drone_head did you guys order yours day 1?

almost ā€¦ second day I think

Okay, thanks. I guess theyā€™re not doing the ā€œfirst-come, first-servedā€-thingy then.

Edit: There we go! Got the mail just now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep day 1

2 Likes

This is my first Elektron product. Is it pretty common for them to stay so quiet about products so close to launch time? By quiet, I mean not revealing all the features, etc. Not a complaint, I just donā€™t know what Elektron launches have typically been like.

Yep - this is the norm!

Not something to count on but you often find that the announced specs from weeks/months prior stay static and then as the launch comes and goes a few features may be added. If I was a betting man Iā€™d put money on a few cool features to become clear once its out in the public with one or two more to come by xmas.

I imagine the stuff theyre staying quiet on are things theyre trying to get done for release but are not sure if theyā€™ll get done in time. thus its best not to divulge info about them.

2 Likes