Introducing Digitakt

That’s what’s up. Thanks. I’m curious.

I would also be curious if people have been using Elektron machines with iPad apps? I’ve replace all hardware synths with an iPad pro. It’s like having a room full of amazing synths in my backpack. Of course I am looking forward to sampling the crap out of it, but using the midi tracks on the Digitakt to control something like the Model 15 could be mind bending.

1 Like

And where it should be. I do all my stereo imaging at mastering. It flexible for me to work with mono tracks. I’m old fashioned I guess.

1 Like

don’t try to control it. just play it through the DK inputs and when sounding nice just sample immediately into the DK.

if there is a click sound at the start of the sample due to ad-hoc recording… no worries, just adjust the Atk parameter of the amplitude envelope and you’re good to go.

fascinating, i never really thought of this as an option. very cool though.

1 Like

Good point

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been asked before so I’m sorry if it has…

Would you say a Machinedrum UW MKII is more versatile and has a better sound engine than the DT?? I’ve been reading about the MD and it just seems to be a better option, a bit higher price but with more capabilities…

I spoke with them too, and they said the same thing. I preordered last week tho, so I gotta stay positive, fam :confused: lol

Depends on the sound you want - drum synthesis which is distinctly digital. 16 tracks, almost unlimited options and those lfos, crt-all. Which trumps any conditional trigs and other that other new stuff, in my opinion.
The ram on the fly sampling is pretty unique but 12bit low quality - seems like it was based on the doepfer sampler module but with a higher bit rate. The doepfer is pretty similar; was a probably a template for the UW.
The DT has a higher end sampler and is cleaner and higher rate. There’s more grainish based sample design in the DT.

I reckon a stock md non and a dt would be great combo. In fact im picking up a stock md mk2 non uw tomorrow… to go with my AR. Its cheap; and the DT has stabilised those md prices, somewhat.

1 Like

same here … mono pedals and stereo pedals …
Used a number of loop packs though. Glad to say i stopped playing along with that mug’s game years ago. Although come to think of it … no, haha. Tempting, but no.

As regards specs, the DK will accept a stereo sample however. But it will treat it as mono, similar but different to how the Machinedrum does.

you can automate each channels Pan in the stereo field, so you can still do some stereo stuff. Gnomesein :slight_smile:

1 Like

My retailer just got confirmation that the units have not yet arrived in Japan. First batch out to retailers from Elektron in Japan will likely be early June (I was told around June 10).

Mine will ship today. Ordered direkt from Elektron the day they opened pre-orders.
Just got a mail with a UPS tracking number. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

That’s awesome! So did I, but haven’t gotten any mails as of yet.
I’ve got a good feeling about this week! :smiley:

1 Like

6 Likes

Well that is VERY true. A modern sampler should be able to take advantage of modern samaple packs. But anyway you will be able to its just that they will be converted to mono during transfer and summing can often mess up the punch of well produced stereo samples.

Hi scrag, in which country are you living?

Didn’t they recently remaster all of The Beatles stuff back into mono for a sort of expensive, limited run box set? Haven’t listened to any of it myself but it apparently sounds fantastic and considerably better than the “regular” stuff we hear. Admittedly this is a different scenario where studios mucked about with source material to create stereo for CD’s and what not but the point remains that mono will be fine (though I would prefer it to handle stereo of course…).

Yeh same as Dylan master mono tapes - sounds amazingly good.
Nothing wrong with mono.

3 Likes