Introducing Digitakt

Aside from Cenk saying at NAMM multiple times that DT is a “completely digital box”, analog componentry would also handicap the USB 2.0 spec that Overbridge will benefit from.

All of this has been discussed. Use the search.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work with their other boxes afaik, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

1 Like

i don´t expect anything analog.
they are much to much calculating features vs. another box since the A4.

I´m allready happy if the DT allows to abuse the headphone out for some sidechaining on a cheap external comp.
Though i totally see the point for people who go Live on stage

“We made it digital so we could keep the cost down”

1 Like

oh boi 21st already it should be shipping pretty sooooon gais :p/

ima goin on holidays to Venice n Florence at the end of the month (aka amazin holiday) n I bet it’s gonna arrive when I’m away so nao secretly Ill just want to come home n play with mi DT the whole time I’m over there, don’t tell mi girlfriend :smile:

Still have no idea what “Master” does, and people are still confused enough about the the DT to think it might not be all digital. Why must things be this way?

1 Like

The product name is literally one letter away from the word Digital.

6 Likes

or two letters, literally

4 Likes

I feel like the master section will be a mode that lets you record all the automations of a jam session including pattern changes. Not the audio but all the data.

1 Like

nice guess Yohon ! lets hope

that would be a sweet feature.

either, or, literally

2 Likes

(((; definitely literally, either, or

1 Like

Yeah two different things, we still don’t know what the master section is

Regarding: StoreDJ in Australia. I didn’t receive an email from them but I just called to enquire about my pre-order and I got the same “Late June” response. It’s hard to be upset at them because all they can go by is the estimates that Australian Elektron supplier is giving them. But still, kind of frustrating given I paid for the whole thing up front and the original date given to me was May 10!

Can anyone explain the sequencer to me like I’m five (I’m not the best at understanding MIDI):

Does 8 midi tracks on the DT mean that I can send 8 different sequences to external synths?
Does it mean that I can have eight different sequences of samples playing at once on the DT?

Wow. That is impressive.

Email from gear4music saying my delivery date has been brought forward from mid-June to… THIS WEEK. :open_mouth:

11 Likes

‘Digitakt’ is a concatenation of the words ‘Digital’ which speaks for itself, and the word ‘takt’, which, amongst many things, can mean ‘beat’, in Swedish.