Introducing Digitakt

I would like to visit “retrig city.”

MIDI retrig should definitely be in the cards; it’s technically quite feasible at a rather high rate, at least.
MIDI bandwidth is 3,125 kbp/s, so that’s like 1,000 messages per second.

The problem is that we don’t know how complex Digikat MIDI message strings can get (with all the LFOs, parameter-locks, etc.), so that may cause delays or stuttering. Combine that with the fact that the receiving device might not be “modern” enough, and then you see how the retrig function might be limited.

If there are MIDI tricks, you can bet Elektron knows 'em!

2 Likes

hello midi track :eyes:

1 Like

good eye!

3 Likes

This thing is going to be my dedicated couch time box. I wonder if the master page surprise also has a master track that allows p-locking those control all parameters.

6 Likes

I’m expecting a full length electro album from you within 60 days of ownership :wink:

1 Like

let us all give birth to albums

7 Likes

Right on. Just snagged a super minty 606 to team this guy up with. The dynamic duo.

3 Likes

my 606 will definitely sit aside the DT once it lands!!!

some great free samples on twisted tools blog that should work great with digitakt

http://twistedtools.com/blog/

2 Likes

My little Mfb-522 would also prefer a digitakt over its current neighbor…a Volca Sample -.-

Cant we just fast forward the last few days of may please ?

3 Likes

So word from a reputable synth shop in Austin TX says that these little guys were supposed to be arriving into the US Elektron warehouse by this weekend and shipping out to retailers immediately after that. They did say that the lack of concrete dates may be due to customs however. A lot can happen in that regard so we’ll see.

3 Likes

that’s a relief, i was expecting a wanna cry bitcoin ransom on the master :laughing:

FYI, Midi Solutions offers a power supply for their units:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodpwr.htm

2 Likes

Can someone explain what we are seeing here? Is this the master screen!?

i think so but it’s unfinished, that’s why the master was avoided like the plague at superbooth, a very good spot i was looking but cenk is to quick on the buttons
hopefully something good on there on release or shortly after

1 Like

All along I’ve been thinking ‘analogue filter’.
Big surprise, 24db lp…

1 Like

it’s a single page from a single MIDI track

the digitakt saved my life

Elektron has been consistent that this is an all digital instrument. Including the filters.

3 Likes

Hope you can import standard midi files ala Squarp Pyramid