Introducing Digitakt

Shafted? This is a small company that probably has unprecedented global sales now. As far as I’m aware they construct these units next to where they are developed in Sweden. Due to imports/shipping and being in Australia you probably are getting the first batch it just takes that long to get to stores here. And if not well a month after the very first person in the world has got theirs is pretty impressive. Be patient, I know we live in a NOW NOW NOW age but Elektron isn’t bullshiting anyone about release dates like Akai and is communicating directly.
You couldn’t get these products from retail stores in Aus that long ago.

3 Likes

Shafted yeah, Aus distributers get stock by plane. it doesn’t take 6 weeks to fly from sweden to aus. It’s ok though, i understand we are a small market so we get sidelined in favour of europe and usa. I look forward to getting it when it comes. Just would be nice if they put aside some stock for Aus customers but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Info is on the main digitakt product page 69USD/79EUR for premium. There is basic Digitakt management thru overbridge for free.

1 Like

You must pay for DTs OB, A4 & ARs OB will always be free.

1 Like

Yeh but what about the sample transfer. I trust this is free?

Yes of course.
From the webpage:

Overbridge Basic Highlights

Sample manager/librarian functionality
MIDI over USB
Digitakt sequencer/DAW sync
Computer screen visualization of Digitakt parameters
Audio streaming of Main outs over USB (time limited sessions)

2 Likes

Idk all I know is you have to pay extra to unlock the full version of OB for the DT.

1 Like

as much as I as a customer can tell:
no there will be just one version … you will have to unlock additional features for DT by buying a pro-license. All features for AR and A4 will remain available.

a few posts back up it’s spelled out … only mains without premium !

1 Like

yep, gonna cost €850 with full OB aka individual outs. still well worth it in my opinion. gonna be an amazing li’l unit.

2 Likes

i have to say I’m happy that they made this decision… I never wanted OB and I don’t need it at all and felt a bit paying for stuff I don’t need or hoped electron better spend all the development-time for something else (OT2 ,MD3…)

4 Likes

ditto, no ob for me, just analog outs :smiley:

4 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

I don’t use a computer for my audio but I’m thinking I’ll have to pony up for the premium OB so I can use my audio interface as the DT’s hardware outputs. Feels like a wonky workaround that’s going to be prone to technical problems, but it feels like it’s going to be worth the hassle.

I must know the filter modes! Notch please!

2 Likes

Did search but no dice, do we know about the pole of the lp/hp filters that are in the release box?
Surely 24db?

Anyways I hope we end up with squelchy fat 36db lows and stinky 18db wouldn’t be bad either… Heat filter models would be desirable too…
Carve it up like a Sunday roast!

1 Like

in Cuckoo’s vid Cenk mentioned hp and lp and “more modes coming” hmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Reckon we’ll have about 6-8 when the box matures…

Juicy

1 Like

on the OT I can build a 96 db filter :wink:

It would be great if a solo mode could be implemented and be P locked. This would could help create some very complex mix variations. Mute groups would be nice too. Not sure if some of these features are available already in the current sequencer. Additionally, a ratcheting effect would be cool too. New to Elektron’s hardware. Digitakt does look promising.