Introducing Digitakt

Oh!

The factory content is actually quite special.

There are around 480 samples shipped with the unit, and around 440 of them are made entirely in-house, and cannot be found anywhere else. Among these are 23 electronic drum kits (around 200 sounds), around 80 synth one shots, and then there’s a ‘toolbox’ with various noise sources and single cycle waveforms. (Around 80 cycles)

No drum machines were used, so the sounds are certainly unique for the unit.

Aside from the in-house stuff, we have some acoustic drum kit samples from That Sound.
(There is also some acoustic percussion of various folk instruments recorded in our own studio)

21 Likes

I know this seems obvious to be the case, but I hope there’s a delicious printed manual in the box, too.

None of this pdf manual, save the whales/trees/planet nonsense, please, Elektron :wink:

No chance, no matter the trig condition!

Perhaps something for parameter linking between patterns, as a work around for the lack of Kits?

3 Likes

I was only interested in note slides actually
:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is ridiculous to me, that they would build in a dependency like that so that you are expected to buy another bit of elektron kit just to make a song? What if you have two DT?

1 Like

that’s not why they do it.
an awful lot of people don’t use song mode at all. I’ve never touched it, not into it, don’t need it, hate it in fact and glad to see it go :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: yipee

1 Like

SONG MODE [ON] OFF

Sounds like you want to get a kick starter going.

1 Like

Thank you so much for providing these additional details, @Ess. We know you guys are working hard, and that posting here is probably not your top priority. :slight_smile:

The sample material sounds interesting, especially the “toolbox” material/samples – woohoo!

4 Likes

This machine is supposed to be super easy to use, why would you need a manual? You’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Each project holds up to 64mb, which contains 256 patterns (I think). And afaik only 128 sample slots per project.

I imagine I’ll be using fewer than 64 patterns per project.

But yeah, it’s like 12 mins for 128 slots to be used on 256 patterns per project

1 Like

(women too)

2 Likes

Thats good to know because I do vocals too and would like to squeeze a full song out the Digitakt. Just connect it to a mic preamp and drop verses over beats.

Yes I realized this once I started making chains for AR. Very unfortunate there is more ram to make full uses of chains on every slot.

Possibly yeah, yould be the place for itt

Has there been confirmation on how the MIDI tracks work? Can I play a sequence with external keyboard connected to DT that then gets stored to the MIDI track (chords and all)?

1 Like

To get in the mood, I’ve been hanging out with a Volca Sample for a week or so now, loading it up with my favourite one shots and even a loop or two.

Man, this little thing just kickstarts ideas like the brain’s rewired to do only awesome stuff. If the DigiTakt’s anything like it, it’s gonna be the best goddam thing since someone came up with putting cheese on sliced bread.

I would’ve gone for just the sliced bread analogy, but I think I’ve overused it on this forum, so I’m expanding my repertoire with cheese now.

6 Likes

agreed, DT I feel is gon be the best groovebox evEr :p/

2 Likes

Wonder why this hasn’t been told already but… I use Fills condition a lot !
This way you trigger your long sample exactly when needed, this is ace.

This with /Pre or /Fills and microtiming makes it possible to have two trigs at the same time launching e.g. different samples !
It’s really really powerful, I love it on AR, it’s the major feature of the new sequencer evolution, before probabilistic trig IMHO.
Because it offers a real control on what is played, and can even act as an alternative to Direct jump, easier to play with because it’s only one finger away.

4 Likes