Introducing Digitakt

I’m all in for jamming and keeping things loose/new but haven’t really used OT for that to this extent yet. I improv on what I put in there with scenes etc but kind of HAVE to save samples with a view to being able to play shows and sing/play other stuff too. Otherwise I’d be dragging waaaay too much gear around and skimming through YouTube etc at shows just so I could sample it in there live on the spot. Which would be cool but would also suck for carrying around/setting up! I should prob try more guitar stuff like this tho, seeing as I’ll have both OT and guitar/pedals at shows. I rarely sample guitar in to OT for some reason except via importing rc300 looper files. Probably missing out :wink:

2 Likes

I hope they don’t load the Hector sample in there. It seems to randomly pop up in my Rytm sample list when I load up some preset sounds and it drives me nuts. Terrible joke, Elektron!

I’m guessing that those of us who have another :3lektron: machine can use that machine in song mode and send pattern change cc to the DT. Seems like a good way around the song mode issues if you own another :3lektron: box.

Will keep those 40 single cycles too:)

Was single cycle thing when the OT was designed?

Maybe some DT design decisions where made with the notion it will be used a lot.

I’m going to refrain from any further comments on the song mode issue until I see more detailed video representations of DT’s workflow, but I can say that this idea of sending program change data from OT has limitations that do not make it a real solution to this problem.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the sample pack details for DT but there’s some nice free Single Cycle packs floating around that are super useful on OT and will be great for DT too, someone else can probably clarify what you need to search for but I think they were called Alex Kid single cycle… Or something like that :wink: just a heads up in case you don’t have em already :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

Adventure Kid Single Cycle Waveforms

In various formatted and downloadable packs (including Monomachine :elmm:), but for the :elot:, pick up the standard wave format pack.

3 Likes

I like this approach, but found it frustrating to implement the kind of music I mostly want to create by trying too hard to do everything in the moment.
But, for some moods, moments, and performances using only pickup machines and flex with my tanbur or bass is great fun, too :smiley:

I do need to organise my samples on the OT better, but I’m imagining that it would be a total nightmare if I hadn’t deleted all the pre-fab samples on the card.

Sounds like DT’s file management is a bit better.

thanks to you both, @dalski and @sazi, for posting the link!

thinking about trying to start prepping a small sample library for the DT… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you reload the sample chain, it will be in RAM again. If the sounds are shorter after, of course you’ll save RAM.

yea DT comes with a bunch of waveforms. 48 or somethin I think
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, they’ll be handy, the new pitch algo/filter/distortion etc sounds great in vids :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thinking more in terms of available slots than RAM mb limit. Condense 64 slots into 1.

2 Likes

Yeah with 120x128 sounds and 64MB it’s around 50 ms per sound. :thup:

1 Like

BTW, did we discuss those empty icons on the trig page already? what could it beeee

3 Likes

icons conditions :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Conditional figs :seedling:

5 Likes

have wondered why this is in none of the elektron machines implemented?

Midi has a quite limited bandwidth … sending several parameter slides can easily bring midi to it’s limits.

:smile:
Condional Icons Menu :
X% is a probability condition. There is an x% chance of seeing this icon. Turn the knobs quickly while it is shown because you will have to wait until it comes back ! :grin:

1 Like