Introducing Digitakt

I suspect the MIDI track parameters will be similar to MD’s MID machines.

Then again, that may be considered “old code” (i remember this being discussed in an interview with TE’s founder, regarding his consulting on older Elektrons) and as we haven’t seen any MIDI sequencing developments since before the newer A4/AR code, so we could be in for some surprises. I just hope they are pleasant surprises.

3 Likes

No parameter slides is a major disappointment and upon learning this I feel myself turning a shoulder away from the DT.
A single lfo in no way covers this gap.

I have a pre-order but I’ve cooled down somewhat.
It will be sent back if the rest of the DT’s function does not compensate.

1 Like

Are you sure? Only 3 notes. 7CC with Modwheel.
The good point is the program change send. That’d be great on DT.

MD midi parameters pages :

Thanks for answering my question about the filters Simon.

With talk of mixing in audio by using the monitor function… Will we be able to apply the send effects, filters, etc to the incoming monitored audio?

A few posts up there’s similar question and a post saying no input machines on DT.

Operative words being “suspect” and “similar”

i´d like to prepare me my samples for the DT now.
so to make it unmisunderstandable clear to me:

what files can i send to the DT:
stereo seems to be fine

16/44k is fine ?
24/44k is fine ?
no need to convert to 48k ?

in regards to OB to DAW:
if the 8 tracks really should be only mono, which would mean that i´d lose all pan locks ( which is an essential part of all my electronic programming)
How about the ability to send just 4 tracks over OB but in stereo ( usersettable) ?

and:
+1000 on the request that tracks in the DT should be configurable to real stereo----> at least One track !!! please
…do some stereo atmos underlying your beat. would be great, right ?

AND: Thank You Simon ! much appreciated

He already answered earlier:

16@48kHz standalone
24@48kHz Overbridge

people really need to read thru this thread before asking the same questions that have answers or aren’t known yet.

1 Like

Yeah, people need to wade through over 4,400 posts to find out more information about something rather than being provided info that could be made easily available, in a clear manner.

7 Likes

I know I did.:muscle:

2 Likes

Yes, I see want you mean, I don’t know MD and I’m curious about it. :slight_smile:
I have doubts because of conditional trigs particularities, and the fact that the audio tracks sequencer may be inherited from AR…

1 Like

I really hope that the DT will be Elektron’s first machine to offer parameter slides for its midi sequencer. I didn’t realize the MD/MM/OT are not capable of this.

@ILL-Green, much thanks,
…i´m aware of Simons post 1-2 days ago :wink:
tough in my book isn´t it making things explicitly clear as the statement was about how the DT proceeds internally.
it isn´t telling me anything about the sample upload procedure and automatic possible sample conversion.
…not shure what else has been posted, sorry

@Zordon,
i´ve read the last days thru many pages, but honestly not all.
and No, i´m not here to get your piss for nothing, really !

there´s a lack here in organisation of information.
opening new topics with specific questions end up been moved to this big mess here, as it seems,
so things come up again then. so please stopp pissing to people who have to dive new into this…big mess thread here. thanks !

1 Like

it really doesn’t take much research to find out what information is available. i keep seeing the same questions asked every day when instead of asking, people could maybe read about it themselves? whatever tho. keep bugging the already overworked elektron staff about already posted info if you want.

1 Like

Never understood people in forums who demand this.

What do you think this thread is? Of course you’re going to hear the same shit about the DT over and over. It’s the main DT thread on Elektron’s forum, and there are 4428 posts.

2 Likes

Now 4429. I wouldn’t read them all again ! :joy:
Not that easy to find reliable informations with a still evolving product.
We need FAQs on Elektron website ! :thup:

2 Likes

There is the MPC Live vs Digitakt thread, the Digitakt feature thread, there’s also the Digitakt forum that has a few topics now. Digitakt Digitakt Digitakt in this piece😱

1 Like

I love the smell of a meta thread in the morning

8 Likes