Introducing Digitakt

You can of choose to record L, R or L+R (mono sum) (Recorder can also be used for mixing in external audio)

4 Likes

Thought you were out partying.

2 Likes

Ok, so you could always choose the L+R setting to pan both audio ins to the center. Iā€™m guessing there isnā€™t any independent level control for each channel though.

Iā€™ve been thinking about @AdamJay ideas on using the midi out of the DT to control parameters of the DT as a workaround for certain things. Iā€™m thinking the effects parameters could be p-locked using this method. I really hope that Elektron adds this functionality to the midi tracks internally so a midi cable connecting the DTā€™s own midi out to its midi in isnā€™t needed.

see what I donā€™t understand is why DT users arenā€™t given the option of locking two mono channels together - at the flick of a menu button and weā€™ve got a stereo sample channel to work with each side hard panned L R.

Okay our voice count has dropped by one i.e. 6 mono & 1 stereo but it seems inconsistent for the company to force a mono only arrangement for the DTā€™s samples, when nearly all of Cenkā€™s amazing recent demoā€™s involved some resampling of the outputs back into the DT to produce interesting/moody soundscape work which no doubt would work much better in stereo.

Sure I can see that you could manually set up such a configuration, but itā€™s going to be comparatively lumpy to do this and against the stated aims of the DT, which is to offer an immediate Elektron workflow. At nearly 800 euros the DT is no toy.

1 Like

My plan to sequence two synths, and applying a bit of reverb to one, and none to the other will not work since it appears that the effects can only be applied to both audio ins at the same time.

Yeah an internal solution added soon hopefully. A pain to use the only midi in/out this way to p-lock fx (if midi tracks do do ā€˜per stepā€™ā€¦). Iā€™d have to buy another kenton splitter :confused:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: MPC Live & MPC X

We do it since ages with Octatrack ! :wink:
It donā€™t know why it wouldnā€™t be possible with DT.
I canā€™t believe thereā€™s no midi implementation for audio tracks/fx, and/or no CC sends from midi tracks.

What Iā€™m hoping to do is pair Digitakt with my ipad pro to sample the apps I have via ipadā€™s headphone socket for quick and dirty sampling on the fly and Iā€™ve a Presonus USB audio interface powered via a USB hub (that only cost Ā£18) for higher level integration.

1 Like

Really? Wouldnā€™t that mean itā€™s not possible to p-lock parameters using the midi tracks?

Hope my sentence was correct ?

1 Like

It just means my whole master plan of using the midi out to p-lock the effects is not possible. Also, I was imagining automating parameters on synths being controlled by the DT using p-locks with CC values mapped out to different things. I have to totally reconsider my preorder now.

Aaarg! :zonked: Sorry I meant Iā€™m sure it will be possible ! :loopy:

2 Likes

I really do hope you are right. No CCā€™s from MIDI tracks would mean they are not very accomplished MIDI tracks. I presume (but donā€™t know) that it will be possible to send at least a small set of CCs from the midi tracks (even if it is just pitch bend, pan, and modulation for example). Note that we are promised ā€™ the means to control external MIDI gear, ā€™ and ā€˜1 Ɨ Assignable LFO per trackā€™ and presumably this LFO includes on MIDI tracks - presumably this will be handled using CC I bet?

On a related note (stretch target!) I would really like to see slides being handled from the MIDI sequencer in the same brilliant way that Numerology does it (i.e. using pitch bend).

Roll on seeing the manual / MIDI implementation chart / MIDI sequence reveal etc.

1 Like

There will definitely be CC#s on MIDI tracks.
This is an Elektron staple feature for MIDI sequencing.
P-locking CC#s of external gear from MD, MM, OT.

@Prints ā€¦ I reckon youā€™re good.

5 Likes

Even in Octatrack thereā€™s no midi slide.
Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, 10 CC. If you use 2 tracks on the same midi channel, you can have 20 CC, etc.
There are 3 powerfull LFOS that can control internal midi settings and CC.
Only one announced on DT.

1 Like

Not to get off-topic but I have heard it said so many times that ā€˜you canā€™t achieve decent slldes with MIDIā€™. Numerology does it just great (and even better if you set up the pitch bend range to be wide and to match Numeroloyā€™s setting). DT could really clean up with the acid tweakers if it did the same.

Good point ā€¦ We are told ā€˜One LFO per trackā€™ - and it says ā€˜per trackā€™, not ā€˜per audio trackā€™, as elsewhere. So I guess this means we will have one LFO per midi track.

I am also presuming that it will be possible to set more than one DT track to the same midi channel so I guess this means 8 MIDI LFOs in total. But I donā€™t KNOW anything - just my assumptions!

1 Like

I agree, and, as Simon presised, you can emulate slides with lfos. :wink: