Introducing Digitakt

Good enough for me, thanks @Ess ! ::crosses fingers for pseudo-phaser notch action::

No need, just parameter lock it.
(Does have trigless trigs though)

We had to exclude some of those things due to sheer lack of panel space, and also to not have so many sub menus. With hardware you always need to make some trade offs. I believe that we have done a great job of compacting our workflow and making it streamlined while still being a serious production instrument.

9 Likes

totally man, this thread has become enormous!!!

1 Like

a mono signal from the DT

Ok, well there are a few ways to go about it, of course.
See my previous answer:

notch filter and comb filter
essential

3 Likes

yeah this thing seems super spot on!

hope that trig-based sampling into RAM will somehow find it’s way in at some point (crosses all fingers & toes)

5 Likes

What’s the difference between pitch tuning and pitch shift? Sorry if this is obvious to others.

Pitch shifting doesn’t change tempo/speed.

Ah, pitch shifting includes timestretch sounds like.

It uses audio grains too.

As long as I can tune something by cents rather than just semitones (or like on the OT - smallest is 0.2 semitone), I’m happy :relaxed:

There is fine tuning on DT apparently.

I lie awake and say your name
And in my dreams i do the same
Over and over again :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yep! Two decimal values. Almost all the parameters in the Digitakt are high resolution.

8 Likes

My favorite part from the DT demos is how nice the sample edit screen looks, and how efficient the workflow appears. It seems to be real nice for chopping up samples. It’s a pity the delay parameters cannot be p-locked though.

3 Likes

but I think some transient detection would have helped cutting the samples

4 Likes

Hi Simon, I have a question that just occurred to me but might be a make or break whether I buy the unit.

I will use the digitakt standalone until the point when I go to track out my performance through overbridge so I can mix and master the song.

Now in the superbooth videos it is mentioned that the eight tracks can be streamed over overbridge for recording to a DAW.
Are these 8 mono tracks? Or eight stereo tracks?

If they are mono then we are going to loose that great bus reverb and delay stereo depth when tracking to DAW.

what happens to the reverb and delay when tracking individual tracks via overbridge?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Simon! Does the DT have some sort of frequency shifter? To tune drums to the key of the song?

if this is the case ‘duplicating’ as stated in the manual, then there should be no din-sync at all at THRU, or did i get something wrong?