Introducing Digitakt

Outputs are stereo

3 Likes

One question : why it has stereo inputs but can run only mono samples? :confused:

thats why u can get it half the usual price.

Are we there yet?

1 Like

It has a stereo input, because it’s easier to connect your smartphone/tablet/radio/tv or whatever you like to sample, because most of the time these will have a stereo output so you do not have to look for a stereo to mono cable. However you can also connect 2 mono devices at once and select one of these (left or right) as your sample source. It also has a stereo input, as via OB (overbridge) you will have the possibility to record stereo into your DAW, as it’s a stereo in/out soundcard as well.

1 Like

When do we get more/proper demo videos?

Because it can be used as a sound card as well.

2 Likes

Only with OB premium though, correct?

Digitakt < > Overbridge VST < > Reason 9.5 with the DT sending conditional trigs via midi to control NI Komplete and so on and such forth. Oh my.

1 Like

Can you tell us more about the MASTER button/function on the DT?

what? it makes everything more complicated - I have to use the split-function of my patchbay to generate a stereo signal

just out of curiosity in dealing with mono material on elektron units, would you suggest sending the L&R outputs to separate mono channels on a mixer?

Seeing as Overbridge only works properly with Ableton at the moment, I wouldn’t count on it working with Reason immedeately…

1 Like

That makes sense to me.

Cheers.

Ps, thanks for the vids! I really appreciate the first one; frank and pro. And you answered so many questions. It’s like what you’re still doing. Lol

Sorry to be asking, I have been reading this colossal thread from the foundation but can’t recall if we have had confirmation of -

•Trigless Trigs?
•Parameter Slides?

3 Likes

How is the midi sequencing from an external keyboard going to work? Will it be automatically quantized to ththe sequencer steps? Like the octatrack or more like an mpc?

Probably depend on the rec quantise function being on/off…

I’m really hoping for a 303-like slide function and accents for the midi sequencer.

3 Likes

Maybe that’s the master :slight_smile:

Not complicated at all - you can choose either left or right input when sampling, or both at the same time (summed) - these are on separate jacks of course. No need to split or double anything prior to connecting.

6 Likes