Introducing Digitakt

I agree, they are basically the same thing with some minor wrinkles on where you orient the wavelet stretching and modification algos.

1 Like

Notch filter being added too? Please say yes! :innocent:

1 Like

Comb filter would be even better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As you mentioned earlier thereā€™s no fx track, but will it be possible to p-lock the Delay/Reverb settings on the other tracks? If so, how to you prevent these p-locks interfere between the various tracks?
For example if you p-lock a delay parameter on step 4 of track 1 and p-lock the same delay parameter on step 4 of track 2?

Theyā€™re sends, not inserts :wink: You p-lock the FX parameters and anything thatā€™s being sent to them will have those changes in their reverb/delay. < at least thatā€™s how I imagine itā€™ll work?

1 Like

No FX tracks, no parameter locking of the effects. Some things just have to be left out!

4 Likes

You can p-lock/automate fx params tho right? Like change delay time/feedback etc per step or with automation?

no per-step locking, since thereā€™s no track which can hold these p-locks.

(which, odd! a pattern already holds 16 tracks - one more for the FX couldnā€™t have hurt the memory footprint very much. Maybe the reason itā€™s not there is something else)

midi / ob automation sure.

Ai, thats a pittyā€¦

Ah, I get it now. Ouchā€¦ Maybe they could find a way to add later, like the option to sacrifice a midi track or something?

So you could use a midi cable and midi loopback no prob I guess?

Or maybe LFO to the FX param, and then p-lock the LFO would do what Iā€™d want with some fiddling.

1 Like

probably!
if the midi tracks can send CCs per step similar to MD, which we donā€™t know yet.

2 Likes

hmm donā€™t think you can use a regular trackā€™s LFO to control FXā€¦
dunno if FX have an LFO themselvesā€¦ @Ess?

Thanks for you reply, interesting choice, letā€™s see if this will be a miss or a hit :wink:

About that something elseā€¦ I am thinking of that MASTER buttonā€¦ hmmm.

Question about sound card option; how will that be sent to the computer?

Mono?

Cenk was still p-locking reverb on individual steps tho so thats something. tbh thatā€™s all I need, I never use the fx lane on mi A4.

Never mind

You can p-lock the amount/level of the Delay/Reverb per track, specifically for that track.
But what I meant is about p-locking the fx parameters, which I often use on the RYTM.

But letā€™s see what they are up to with that MASTER button.
Maybe some kind of performance control, who knows.

1 Like

as always there is a workaround for signal flow with elektron gearā€¦

love to know if the interior has a dual processor to allow for multithreading programming style, just out of interest.

Reverb and Delay SEND level is of course parameter lockable. The settings however are not (e.g delay time)

7 Likes