Introducing Digitakt

Would I exchange it for a DT ? :sketchy:

2 Likes

The sample rate polarity beneath the gated phaser threshold does very little to mitigate the chromatic pitch shifting p-lock configuration in mono. So you can count me out.

Itā€™s 8 tracks mono. Canā€™t play poly unfortunately.

1 Like

tis time to pre-order this weekend, hurray for DT :clap:

one of the few things that is not clear to me:

Can the digitakt pan its monosamples in the stereo field, and can the Panorama be p-locked as in the stereo boxes ?

also:
As far i understand would the digitakt convert stereo samples to mono when loading them,
but if loading stereo samples, lets say from a USB stick or computer, and you save the samples in the Digitakts Ram, are these samples saved as mono samples or still stereo ?

( my Nickname comes btw. from the first days of the octatrack when the manual was virtually useless :wink: )

Iā€™m under the impression it will be just like the RYTM in that regard. So we should be able to pan and p-lock/LFO the panning. I think it will handle loading the same as RYTM too, converting any samples, whether mono or not, to mono/48k/normalized.

2 Likes

heya,

looking to the pictures of the Digitakt on the elektron page it looks like the digitakt has no mounting holes for sidepanels/stands ?
if so, Elektron, then please consider to add mounting holes to the housing of the digitakt ! please.

reason: cause it would make it MUCH more simpel to mount the digitakt to some sidepanels,
for example to have it stand angled, and also lifted up a bit to place it behind your other gear above the cables, for example a synth.
look at the Novation peak to see what i mean :wink:
ā€¦or imagine poeple who have 2 Elektrons on those famous angled stands and would want to place a digitakt beside those, ā€¦on a similar stand :wink:

ha, you would have to add those holes also to the Heat, haha.

personally, my plan is to make a small case with the digitakt and one row of euro modules behind it. digitakt width.
it would be ALOTS more simpel to tinker something together with the mounting holes given ala ocatrack etc.

1 Like

I think it will have VESA holes on the bottom like the Heat. May be wrong thoughā€¦

1 Like

ahh, i see.
makes sense to think that this will be the case.
tough sidepanel ( rackear) mounting holes would make still alots of sense.
one could use the same sidepanels as for other elektron boxes if there would be such holes

they probably thought that the kinda halfsize width is disqualiying the small boxes for such premium stands, haha
:wink:

I would prefer side holes as wellā€¦ I love my side mounted RYTM ā€œcheeksā€!

1 Like

time-stretching is like playing god.

6 Likes

I couldnā€™t find the answer to this:

Will it load 24 bit samples?
What bit depth/sample rate for sampling through the audio inputs?

Thanks!

Craig

DK for sure but I think 16/48.

Samples in at 16/44.1
Streams out at 24/48

1 Like

No, the samples are 16 bit / 48khz, and digital output via Overbridge is 24 bit / 48khz.

8 Likes

I think they took as much care with the RYTM, do not forget the RYTM is much more complex.
With the DT they seem to be more focused and they choose to upgrade the hardware as well.
I see it more as a positive evolution of their current line of products.
To be honest I rather prefer this in stead of a a RYTM mk2. Of course thereā€™s some room for improvement regarding the RYTM, but that does not mean itā€™s a great machine, I even can say itā€™s their best and most fun and playable instrument to date (which I have owned/tried), but thatā€™s jus my opinion/experience.

I really would not have liked if the released a RYTM mk2, I experienced this in the past with the MD mk1/mk2 and I really like Elektron for not following that path again.

I think the sampling engine in the RYTM was (initially) designed for layering the analog drums, of course you can use it in many other ways as well (and how :loopy:) but the core of the RYTM is the analog engine. With the DT itā€™s completely different, itā€™s all about the sample engine. I pre-ordered the DT for that reason, with a big bonus which is the 8 track midi sequencer. It will fit perfectly next to the RYTM for my purposes.

We have VESA mounts on the back if you want to mount it in a rack, or ā€¦ Well, whatever that has a VESA mount.

Side mounts not possible on this design. For stands it will need to have some bottom edge support, like many of the OP-1 stands around.

5 Likes

Yes, panning per track of course! (Delay/Reverb send effects are in stereo as well, naturally)

Samples are converted to mono prior to uploading. I think it can actually store stereo samples, but it will just waste space, really - the sample playback is mono.

3 Likes

Looper on the master would be totally nuts. Not sure how that would work though haha

1 Like

The filtered was not modeled after a specific analog filter. It however has a sort of ladder character due to the non-linearity and saturation (sort of same thing, I guess?) introduced in various stages. Personally I really like the filter, especially for making kick drums and acid basslines!

5 Likes