Introducing Digitakt

Maybe each project is a folder of samples along with the pattern data?

BK=Brooklyn
Brooklyn>Burger King
All day, every day and twice on sunday!!!

3 Likes

Just give us the synth companion already. Or better yet, start a thread on it. These stretches are almost more fun than the actual gear they’re about.

1 Like

DigiKtat

1 Like

Folders for samples on +Drive or folders for “sounds”?

If the former, I imagine it will be just like Rytm, with folders. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nice :slight_smile:

Yes, dragging folders (nested?) onto it will also (apparently) be supported with the new app

4 Likes

I used to play in a band called Delirium Tremens - doom metal at 10bpm. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10bpm, classic :slight_smile:
love a bit o doom me :slight_smile:

2 Likes
5 Likes

and this app will be compatible with both the Rytm + DigiTakt?

It’s a good Belgium beer too!

1 Like

I just hope I answer enough tech questions to permit my blatant ridiculousness… :wink:

3 Likes

Someone else noted the Scale screen from the videos? Looks like DT has tempo multiplier for tracks like the OT, which is REALLY great… Hope that midi tracks have this feature also

By the way I found no web coverage about this feature in OT. That’s cause its a trivial feature or people just don’t get it?

That’s great if it’s on DT. Wish they’d put it in the AK sequencer too!

I think that’s just a master tempo multiplier. Looks like the exact same menu on the rytm

2 Likes

I almost impulse ordered one. Does anyone know if the DT can send program changes from its midi sequencer?

The MIDI sequencer hasn’t even been finished yet and has not been demonstrated in any videos.

There is, as of yet, no specific information on what type of MIDI messages, or PRG change it can SEND yet, beyond standard CC#s.
Only that it can do 4 notes per step, and has the standard Rytm features (micro timing, trig conditions)

I hope that it can send program change from the MIDI sequencer tracks.
I imagine that when running DT’s MIDI out into its own MIDI input, aside from the obvious MIDI LFOs plumbing into itself, one might actually be able to fake a song mode with this feature with a conditional (modulus) micro timed MIDI program change trig at the very end of a sequence, using it to change its own patterns in a way that is not the standard pattern chain mode.

If this is the case, it will be huge.
Beneath the cacophony of “no real song mode” moans there could be an actual solution in there for those who need it.

5 Likes

I got a treat for ya!

Found this GEM a couple weeks ago…

2 Likes

Perhaps not the most important feature, but I wonder if the color of the display can be customized? It’s oled so it should be capable of other colors than green too…

1 Like