Introducing Digitakt

All depends on what kind of track you’re trying to finish :slight_smile:

I made some tracks last weekend on the Rytm using only samples and only 8 tracks, pretending it was the Digitakt. I would say that + midi sequencing of external stuff will be more than enough for me!

1 Like

Great point…
I started in Jeskola Buzz with Matilda Tracker. Made some of my best stuff in that

1 Like

Haha yes I was neglecting the midi tracks when I asked that… another good point :laughing:

1 Like

nice to meet a fellow buzzer )

:fist_right::fist_left: :call_me_hand:

Simon mentioned that they’re still figuring out whether to have 256 patterns or 128 patterns.

1 Like

256 makes more sense to me. 256 patterns and an infinite number of samples per project up to memory size I say. Start a new paradigm rather than holding onto the past.

4 Likes

yip, that would be ideal. infinite number of samples per project up to 64mb :slight_smile:

well…‘hard’ isn’t always bad
you can perform live and record while you’re doing it,
and to be honest I think that’s always more fun than sequencing parts together, it also means you have to rehearse a number of times, which I find really embeds the composition in my mind/body, things that I’ve sequenced never feel so ingrained. ( I’ve never used the arranger on my OT. )

and hopefully they dont cap the sample record time, so you could have a single 12 minute 64mb sample per project if you so desire. No limits basically.
Unlimited sample slots.
unlimited sample time per sample.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely 256. I always hated running out of pattern space on my MD. It’s a creativity killer IMO.

I have a feeling that they will have a sample bank per project made up of all samples used in every pattern in the project so far… so let me see 8x256 samples = maximum of 2048 samples in the sample bank? Maybe? :slight_smile:

1 Like

More tedious than a chain, or an OP1 kit, I agree 100%
But no more tedious than setting the start point on a sample recorded through DT’s 1/4" inputs and/or the resample function, which will be standard operating procedure.

It ain’t perfect, all solutions have caveats, but it does allow you to cram more content inside the DT’s 1GB/64MB than Rytm with same storage spec.

DT’s “length” parameter helps some, as well, plus of course the improved sample editing on DT which makes scrolling the waveform for a sample hit only slightly more tedious than scrolling a list of single shots in the sample pool.

The comparison of Streams to OP1 kits was only ever made with regard to the more compact file size vs Chains, and never to the segment mapping of OP1, which is a wonderful feature, indeed.

1 Like

my number one request is for the DT to respond to pattern/program changes from other elektron boxes. but yeah, if we could get both 256 and patterns changes via other elektron​ boxes, i’m game :wink:

I JUST WANT TO RTFM :smiley:

11 Likes

Keep in mind slots can be p-locked. So there has to be some kind of limit I guess. Even with very precise encoders.

Not necessarily, especially if they allow you to access folders via p-locks.

The file name as a unique identifier should be enough of a reference no?

1 Like

word

1 Like

If we get 256 patterns, which Simon said isn’t final, I reckon patterns 129-256 would require a bank change message sent from another Elektron. And while all Elektrons send the program change message, not all can send the bank change.

1 Like

Any word on Folders being possible? or anyone spotted them when Cenk browsing sounds in vids? Guessing you can have them, but also thinking possibly not if it’s like AK save/browsing?