Introducing Digitakt

Cenk was mentioning that they’re looking into it. So I guess they’re mulling a lot of possibilities. Probably focused on the performance side of things.

2 Likes

On Octatrack you can save and reload 4 states with parts. It is not that easy/quick to save, but easy to reload.
Maybe with only one state, without menu, and only 2 buttons, would be easier for DT.

Some people finished tracks on 4 mono tracks tape recorders…

5 Likes

yes you can sample everything from the main output while playing, dont know if it records in a loop.

on the dt you just save patterns, they are straight linked to the samples. i dont think you can exchange kits within a pattern. so what you do is save a pattern, tweak the knobs and then reload the pattern.

but that was linear recording :wink:
but yeah i get what your saying, i was just kind of thinking out loud.
anyhoo there hasn’t been a bit of gear I have been this excited about in a very long time so I will be getting one

1 Like

depends on your musical aims and creativity using the available things

people made great music with 4 monotracks and a handful of samples (amiga trackers)

1 Like

Musically, I don’t think there is a problem with creating a track using just Digitakt. However, if there is no flexible way to combine patterns and copy/paste things from them, it will be quite challenging to create a track with just this box…

Hopefully Elektron comes up with a decent pattern chain solution seeing as there is no song mode.

The DK is totally going to be wild. The sound quality is superb. By not including time-stretching, Elektron have freed themselves to reinvent the concept of sample repitching.

Here is a pretty fun demo video of the DK (apologies if this DK video is already shared on the thread)…

DK for the win.

This thread is hilarious :slight_smile:

11 Likes

DT = Digitakt
DK = Denmark
BK = Burger King
:slight_smile:

14 Likes

Donkey Kong tbh

8 Likes

Yep because good time stretching and re-pitching algorithms are totally dissimilar in nature :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No way, DK=

9 Likes

[and so it was, a can of worms had been opened]
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Efficiency and progress are ours once more now that we have mono sampling…” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

buttons?

buttons.

2 Likes

Hi elektron team! :slight_smile:
What about time stretching inside the Digitakt? Is there any way to lock tempo value for recorded samples? For example when you record rythmic loops.

1 Like

Nope… no timestretching.

Absolutely. I intend to use it as such.