Introducing Digitakt

Bring on the manual.

Im hoping it can clear up some of the questions I still have regarding sequencer features etc. I believe there will be some differences between this and the AR sequencer, with each having something the other doesn’t, besides the conditional trigs we’ve already seen.

Im wondering with this coming in at such a middle ground price, will there be an effect to the second-hand prices for the OT. As far as UK prices go, this is gonna be coming scarily close to the price of a used OT.

Yeah I call it Nord Drum Syndrome :confounded:

Yes there are parameters for the FX

6 Likes

Excuse me if this has been covered, but in a live situation would performing be similar to the other Elektron machines regarding patterns and switching patterns?

yes

1 Like

thanks!, i assumed there would be

No need to be anxious about that! I think it’s a big difference - the Digitakt is not a [previous product] 2, it’s a stand alone instrument. It’s not meant to replace anything, but offer an alternative. Like I’ve said many times before, one thing doesn’t exclude the other.

11 Likes

can you speak on whether the DT will be able to follow pattern/program changes from other elektron boxes?

1 Like

Hi Cenk, about that MASTER button.
Is this an extra track, like the fx tracks on the A4/AR?
So you can parameter lock the Delay/Reverb parameters, is there a compressor as well?
Or can you parameter lock the Delay/Reverb setting on each audio/sample track?
You did show us the CTRL All, which I like very much, but on this (expected) MASTER/FX track can we expect some kind of performance control like on the A4? So you are able to make a selection of parameters you wish to control at once.

1 Like

Oh yea one question we forgot to ask, the poly midi sequencing…
can you record the poly notes in live on the trig buttons rather than only being able to record 1 note and having to p-lock the remaining poly notes?

this would be huge

Of course it will :slight_smile: program change for pattern selection like always.

6 Likes

ah, i thought that since the DT has 256 patterns that that would cause issues.

so i suppose you’re only able to trigger patterns 1-128 using another elektron box.

Any plans yet to let the DT directly stream audio & midi < > iOS through its usb port?

1 Like

2 banks of 128 each?

1 Like

Probably been asked before, but this thread is too damned long. It says 8 Voice Drum Synthesizer & Sampler on the display. Any insight on the synth part???

oh jeziz >__<

4 Likes

What? I’m just curious as it implies it being a drum synth as well as a sampler? Like the AR, but so far only seen it demoed playing samples…

There is no implication - (or synth) it clearly says ‘drum computer’ on the front

No synth

None

Not now

3 Likes

Sorry, you’re right. Drum Computer… So just samples then…

100% sample only … officially

3 Likes