Introducing Digitakt

Like 70% of things I do/sounds I find on OT are with the scenes/fader and/or Stereo field recordings through stereo pedals… No scenes and mono samples on DT = Selling OT not an option :wink:

Digitakt looks set to be a future legend from the sound and description in recent online videos from Superbooth 2017

It’s definitely a good and unexpected next step from Elektron

Very eager to see what they come up with next

Why ?

1 Like

Apart from the fabulous design I don’t see anything groundbreaking that sets it apart from the elder machines.

1 Like

The streamlined workflow I’d say. It’s all that power of Elektron but with near instant accessibility

1 Like

To be completely objective : it’s nothing new. It’s the little brother to the AR.

1 Like

Nothing awesome.

Just an analog rytm with no analog!!!

2 Likes

Dude, if they don’t update the AR to be able to change tracks without holding the track button, I’m gonna be annoyed. That was such a glorious aspect of the DT

3 Likes

Really pleased to see these videos to confirm the DT is no big deal at all and completely redundant in my setup. Do not see the fuss at all, unless it’s your first Elektron.

1 Like

But some (many) times I want to edit one track but trigger other tracks.
For example when comparing or tuning sounds.

Wouldnt it be super annoying if it automatically switched track everytime?

It would be amazing with a setting where you could turn “quick select” ON/OFF

3 Likes

Ar isn’t an 8 track midi sequencer though. Interested to see the DT sequence some hardware because been impressed with the vids so far

2 Likes

Or maybe a “track lock” mode. Where it’s like the transpose feature of the A4/K where the track button is locked until you press track again

Dreams

1 Like

Fun factor is main appeal I think. Just looks great to use… Maybe if I go watch some ninja OT vids I’ll snap out of gas mode :wink: Couple of nice little tricks DT has over OT tho…

1 Like

I wonder if there will be some kind of poly mode down the line for chromatic sample play back - ie. load up a single note synth sample and then play chords. Wouldn’t need to be something as clever as the A4/K’s poly options, even just like the MnM’s would be cool. I know there is a load of reasons why it wouldn’t be that useful for many but the way it was handling and sounding with most samples in those videos was really impressive.

(if it does this already and I’ve missed in then apologies!)

As for the whole “vs OT” thing. For me, DT looks a lot more immediate. The OT still has its place though and like @Callofthevoid says, scenes and fader make all the difference. I miss having an OT :frowning: haha

1 Like

Yup, that would be sweet! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m obviously old fashioned - I still find the AR really fun!

3 Likes

Never touched one but yeah, AR looks killer, I’d have buckled on one already if it had onboard sampling etc.

In my case I much rather drum samples over drum synths, so rytm never appealed to me.

You know the RYTM handles samples and sends them through a beautiful analog filter/overdrive?

1 Like