Introducing Digitakt

So like rigid plastic buttons with a soft touch rubber coating? It is hard to tell on the video because they are clear in the middle, like pads.

i would argue CTRL ALL for sample start would not be very predictable soundingā€¦ only logically

4 Likes

yea exactly! the feel goodā€¦ kind of like oldschool computer keyboard keys. Not the crazy clicky ones, just regular good ones. The coating is slightly rubbery feely

3 Likes

Happy we are all happy:)

1 Like

That was the thing that grabbed me in the videos above. I think it was the Cuckoo one where Cenk had some interesting sound that he resampled internally while still mucking about with the knobs. That is really interesting. I super curious how the USB sampling is going to work - I have thoughts in my head how it could work but trying not to get too excited ha!

:3lektron: :coffee: break

2 Likes

No idea. I like the way you think. Iā€™d like to think so, too.

1 Like

itd be great if with trig conditions you could condition parameter locks on a step rather than just the whole step, so you could have reverb or a pitch change or whatever happen every 4th go but the rest of the time the note still plays.
that would be naice

3 Likes

Clicks and pops can be avoided, theyā€™re in a lot of different samplers and its best to adjust the start and end points by intergers of tens or hundreds. But I think it has characteršŸ˜

1 Like

Wow, okay now I see that this machine rocks!

2 Likes

its 715 on baxshop btw.

Sooooo does it have a synth engine?

Haha couldnt resist :cb_m::cb_o::cb_r::cb_e::cb::3lektron:

3 Likes

farrrrk

looks like a damn sick box

sweet demos guys :smile:

Does it only do :cb_m::cb_o: N :cb_o: ?

:cheeky:

2 Likes

with a box so fun do you guys think you would run out 1gb real quick?

^ tbh I think soā€¦ at least if you record some longer thingsā€¦ filling up a project with 64MB gonna happen quickly. if you keep it short & mostly one-shots, it should be fine for quite a while imo.

Iā€™d rather have a selection of powerfull samples instead of heaps of choices.

Aka large library syndrome.

2 Likes

Cuckoo/Cenk collaboration video: wonderful performance tool. DT ordered.

A few thoughtsā€¦

1. Wondering if it is possible to lock-out individual tracks from the Control All scenario.
    i.e let the kick track carry on as normal while all the other 7 tracks are undergoing some Cntl All mayhem.
    And if that is possible, would it be possible to set these ā€˜lock-outsā€™ to be conditional.
    i.e track 5 has a 50% chance of submitting to whatever Cntl All scenario is happening etc;

2. Would be great if the chromatic mode had a scale lock mode: i.e lock to maj/min/harm min/phyrgian etc;

3. Have some kind of mirror mode so that the midi engine and sample engine are somehow linked. i.e.
    you get a bass line sequence going in a sample track and there would be an easy way to automatically mirror this as a midi track.

4. Global Transpose

5. random name generator for samples - check

6. Timestretch - gotta have this - itā€™s 2017.

7. Individual sequence Track lengths - conditional i.e. individual pattern length changes randomly every 4th pass.

8. Sample tuner option i.e. something like Abletonā€™s Tuner plugin - so you have a visual indicator of the current samples
    tune so you can dial in the correct pitch for your track.

Canā€™t waitā€¦

1 Like

I think the DT will be more suited to collecting sounds and then exploring them with the editor, rather than triggering phrases/stems and loopsā€¦
64MB is a shed load of time and the 1gb storage is generous also.
12 mins mono is a whole world of sound to explore and manipulate.

Thatā€™s just me though!

2 Likes