Introducing Digitakt

That would be nuts, imagine the power of a conditional sequence.

Pretty over the top to say there is entitlement in regards to requests for a sampler (not like it’s the Un or anything). If anything people are doing elektron a favour by asking for functions, particularly when the competition is so hot in synth land. There’s also the concept of elektron users setting very real expectations for the company.
It’s always best to pay attention to your users.

2 Likes

The page button has a shift function labeled scale underneath it. Is that going to be musical scales I wonder?

That’s timing scale…

1 Like

Doesn’t the Rytm only have 64mb in RAM per project as well? I have plenty of live sets that have 4 bar loops, drum loops, longer textures and more. Never reached RAM limit on a project.

2 Likes

aye… me neither! it’s just quicker/easier to get sample data into the DT, more likely to hit limits… but guess it should be fine for most tbh

3 Likes

Damn it

1 Like

so any takers on the master section?

me personally would guess graphic EQ, similar to MD…
tho compressor would make sense as well…

but, Cenk had a big smirk there, so maybe something more fun/special…?

4 Likes

Maybe it’s some sort of character select. Perhaps some tape warmth effects.
Oooh… I hadn’t thought of this before but what if it’s for switching between different sampler characters like the TAL-Sampler

2 Likes

IF they eventually add synthesis to the DT I will immediately sell my Machinedrum to buy one. Seriously. I just can’t see a reason to buy one if I already have a MD and OT.

1 Like

I’m thinking they have a synthesis one in the same form factor on the way.

2 Likes

Almost certain, and it will be announced (clunkily) by the end of the year!

2 Likes

That’d be dope. Though I think I’d want basically a smaller MD. Don’t need 16 voices at a time, but having the Conditional Trigs for external sequencing would be dope.

can I color code my different patters with these pads?

Yep, compressor and eq would do me.

Yeah that was mentioned in the cuckoo vid. Just reload the pattern and it goes back to the saved state.

1 Like

[quote=“Stickhit, post:3524, topic:35326”]
You can use an external keyboard to chromatically play samples on the OT, albeit only over two octaves[/quote]

Actually 3 octaves but who’s counting! Sorry got confused with the AR my bad.

On MD, if I remember correctly, any p-locked parameter on any track is locked and therefore not susceptible to CTRL ALL.

So p lock your kick parameters and they will stay.

They’ll be conditional if you make them conditional, but that most likely won’t interact with the CTRL ALL function.

3 Likes

I remember those filter/amp graphics as well, have we seen them in the demo? I;m at work cant check atm

As for the master section, I think it can be a master EQ too as the digitakt takes some features from the MD indeed.

?
Think there are some wires crossed…