Introducing Digitakt

8x256 :loopy:

Good call! Saturate the heck out those pops, then bathe it with reverb and echo.

1 Like

If you use all patterns with exclusive sounds we get under 3 seconds per pattern. Then divided by eight.
This will be a machine that requires very creative use of parameters.
Wonder what the limit is with p-locks?

1 Like

geez Iā€™d love if they brought pattern saved mutes to Rytm

edit: also, if this was a 16 track audio seq itā€™d be an instabuy 4me. I personally have no use for external sequencing, given all other Elektron boxes have seqā€™s built in. but the 12 tracks on the Rytm for me is brilliant, for me I think Iā€™d actually feel the sting of 8 tracks on a drumbox a little, but maybe thatā€™d just force you to use sample locks I dunno

1 Like

How can you stop clicks and pops if youā€™re changing the start/loop points to not be on zero crossings? Thatā€™s not elektronā€™s fault (though giving an option to use zero crossings only would help)

this is a significant problem with the rytm too. Itā€™d be great to have a snap to zero option or very tiny fade in/out in loop points

2 Likes
8 Likes

Yeah thats a dilemma! You get only .35 seconds per slot. This is why itā€™s called a drum computer. lol

1 Like

I donā€™t get pops with Ableton or the OP-1 doing essentially the same trick.

1 Like

They should get void to help, strom is quite good about this.

2 Likes

now Iā€™m getting a semi over this, think Iā€™ll trade my Rytm in. Like the immediacy of sampling

2 Likes

Love how Cenk teases the Master button at 34:30 of Cuckooā€™s video.

So cheeky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Onboard resampling helps as well. Gives it that nice feeling of commitment to decisions that is a big boon to productivity on the OP-1.

I only wish this had more onboard storage or a CF card like OT.
Never expect to fill the 1GB Drive on Rytm, but with 256 tracks per Project on DT and such immediacy for sampling and mangling, I see it filling up with less projects.

CONTROL ALL
CONTROL ALL
CONTROL ALL

:wink:

3 Likes

I watched the sonic state video but I see there are two more, I pay a lot for cell data, which of the other two is better/more in depth? Thanksā€¦

Iā€™m enjoying this last one with Cuckoo

1 Like

cuckoo

1 Like

Alright then Iā€™m about to be Digitaktified in Cuckoo landā€¦ :ecstatic:

1 Like

yes its 38 mins

1 Like

it sold me!!!

2 Likes