Introducing Digitakt

Yeah i saw Master section… was hoping for some kind of compressor or at least limiter, but since nothing was mentioned in the demo I sorta freaked…

1 Like

if it has a master comp/limit then I am all out of reasons to not buy it.

3 Likes

aye… dunno! It was a bit busy/hectic, was glad to have found my way to the familiar delay/reverb settings. Overall, there were quite a few moments where I struggled with basic things, muting, selecting tracks… new UI! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All good chap.
Thanks for the tip on a battery powered mini sampler!

2 Likes

Yes. Is there any more info on this as of late?

None yet

1 Like
17 Likes

Cenk makes everything look spectacular!

2 Likes

I hear alot of popping noise coming from the granular samples.

Me too. I imagine they will refine the os to fix that…

I really hope so because that would be the main reason I’ll buy this. I can tell he camouflaged the pops with reverb and delay. :joy:

1 Like

man that tune at 7mins with the piano. Lovely stuff

3 Likes

Anyone knows how many patterns the DT holds? 256?

You should hide pops with distortion ! :grin:
Hard to avoid them in OT too. :sketchy:

2 Likes

Yep (256), that’s what Cenk said in the Sonic State vid. I’m curious of how many sampleslots there is per project tho.

1 Like

dumb question: can you even switch patterns on the fly? I haven’t seen it done in either video yet.

We need a manual, Elektron.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t this be possible? The term “on the fly” gets thrown around so much, though, so maybe I just don’t understand what you are asking. Why would anyone need to stop the playback of a drum machine just to switch patterns?

I’m curious how quick live sampling of the inputs could be. The quickest workflow I’ve seen yet is the OT’s pickup machines, but that style doesn’t seem possible on the DT. But then, it’s not designed to be a looping type sampler, I think.

I’m going to have to wait a bit, but I definitely want this box even if they release an OT2 in a year or so.

The pads look much beefier and more rugged in this video than any of the other footage that’s been shown. Really impressed with what the build quality seems to be like.

I’m sure the screen looks better IRL too, it’s kind of blown out due to brightness in the video.

Other questions:
Are the pads velocity sensitive?
And again, when playing chromatically can you switch octaves?
I wonder how well it plays with external MIDI? Can you still play tracks chromatically over MIDI?
If I wanted more complex or longer sequences could I just let my Pyramid take over?

What types of sounds would suffer the most going in as stereo and coming out as mono. Maybe panned arps or a shimmering pad ??