Introducing Digitakt

me to. totally. I’d gladly pay twice as much for a stereo version but this is quite fantastic.

1 Like

Dude. That cuckoo video definitely did the works on me. Like, I’m not big into sampling, but it has its uses. If I WERE to use a sampler, the DT definitely provides the ease I would like in it. And that universal buffer to grab samples from, assign them to tracks and then delete the recording! Damn! Brilliant!

I’ve got a serious dilemma on my hands on whether I’m gonna go for this or the RYTM…

And that not needing to hold track down to switch voices is pretty spectacular.

From the beginning it was always this vs new MPCs and I was very team MPC. Might be switching that though.

WELL DONE ELEKTRON!

4 Likes

that cuckoo video just boosted digitakt’s sales into space. damn wasn’t even excited for this thing until now. completely sold

3 Likes

7 minutes in the Cuckoo vid; trim and isolate sample is how we can slice and truncate!

That’s what I’ve wanted to know.

Now I’m super curious about the midi machine

2 Likes

Ah resampling, good call that would def be cool. There’s a lot more possible with this box than meets the eye it seems

I like this too. It makes for a workflow where the sample is more instantly maleable. The control surface more instrument like.

Check out the Make Noise Morphagene-----hardware granular sampler with no pops or clicks. Expected in 2017 for sure.

1 Like

It must force zero crossings at loop points, there is no way to avoid clicks and pops otherwise… that’s just a fact of audio waveforms.

3 Likes

Probably, and I hope the Digitakt does something similar, though it doesn’t sound like it. I would imagine that such a feature would surely be in the OS by now if it’s on sale next month.

Here’s hoping.

1 Like

I must say I approve of Elektrons method of releasing this thing(exponential improvement from the Heat) a product reveal with a series of little tiny reveals

My guess is that the master page is at least a filter that’s applied to the output of all 8 tracks. Maybe an EQ in there are well.

All those flashing lights!!! :flushed:

1 Like

They need to add a cross fade feature to the loop, no more pops

4 Likes

Hahah I feel Elektron people are a bit bitter with all the HEAT they are getting from this thread… Understandable, :wink:

My opinion, after watching both videos is: I do love the instrument, sounds great, the new layout is excelent, but as a drum machine, I find the lack of more outputs a complete fail… For MY workflow that simply doesn’t work… It makes it more like a cool toy, imo… So I will stick with my Rytm… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yea me either, I have use for like 2 midi tracks max, seems a bit of a waste of the other 6 midi tracks :frowning:
wish they’d made em 16 changeable audio / midi tracks.
ah well

1 Like

Looks cool, new toys are always fun/tempting. But can’t help watching the cuckoo video thinking OT does all this just as quickly (or quicker) if you use a well laid out project template? Maybe it’s just me?

Does DT do timestrech on loops? Like if I throw a field recording loop in there will it sync to project tempo? Didn’t catch that info yet, I might have missed it.

Also are there quick access ‘banks’ for the pads? Like slots mode on OT?

I’m up and down on this thing so far, for my own needs at least. One minute I’m like ‘yeah, looks cool, I miiiiiiight grab one’ then the next minute I’m back at ‘this feels very undercooked/old news in general. OT destroys it’. Like half the stuff Cenk is calling impressive is so basic, like resampling, hard to get caught up in the enthusiasm over those kind of standard features. And still baffled at no slices/no layers/no global kits etc on a drum sampler :frowning:

Does it have arpeggio?

With saving, samples get saved to pattern and +drive right? Can you create and specify folders in +drive? Is there tagging for browsing?

Also, is it 64mb ram per project & also stream from +drive? Kinda like OT? Thinking for long field recordings etc… 64mb isn’t so much in that scenario…

1 Like

I think it’s a bit like the Volca Sample. Nothing new going on there, yet the love’s all around that thing, cause of the way it just all blends together. Sum’s greater than the parts. Nothing new with the DigiTakt. Except what’s there, is perhaps exceptionally well done, sounds awesome and is a joy to play.

3 Likes

Yeah I know what you’re saying, I’d def have fun with DT. Volca sample is cheeeeeap/tiny/battery powered, I don’t think people would be quite so forgiving/hyped on it if it was same price as an electribe for example :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds pretty cool, good job. Elektron well sell a lot of these boxes.

I wonder why there’s manual slicing but not auto slicing. beCause its the same thing but just not a added feature which is just quicker. So too just locking the start end points to slice…

Elektron refer to this as “mimick(ing)” features when he says: you can kinda “mimic grains and timestretch.”
Don’t really care cuase the dT its not for me, as an AR owner. But why not just chuck in the features?

1 Like
1 Like