Introducing Digitakt

Sarcasm ‘wins’ again…

Had one of these in music school in the late 90s. I used it for triggering sound effects during mixdowns when adding them to songs (pre-DAW). I eventually sold it for what would now seem an ungodly sum… lol…

The swing trigs are placed where they would be standardly placed for the original swing concept, and the overall swing is adjusted in the trig menu under swing, by holding function while turning the level knob. It is a ratio of how much time the first out of two 16th notes will get. 50% means out of two 16th notes they both get equal time(no swing), 66% means the first of two 16th notes gets 2/3 the time, effectively nudging the second 16th note back a bit… The trigs can be changed to define how the ratio is applied, and the % can be changed per track, but this is more advanced than the original Roger Linn swing… Perhaps you knew this, but it was unclear…

1 Like

We Jedi prefer the lighter term “satire”, but if you’ve found yourself drawn ever closer to the dark side of the force, may I suggest ye calmly untwist thy knicker knackers from thy cricker crackers? And breathe out, slooooooowly.

5 Likes

i’m tempted to sell my engine , circuit and grab this.
this matches the engine’s 8 tracks , more sampling than circuit.

but i also should stop chasing the latest thing and commit to the gear i have,
and learn the octatrack,a4,rytm …

2 Likes

how much?!?

same as AR

think this may be not fully finished yet… haven’t had the chance to try the sampling… tbh, not sure if you even can trim a sample in the sense hat you can edit out unneeded segments at front or back. May be that you sample and that’s it - not sure.

2 Likes

The guy at the booth said they’re aiming for around 400 bucks but added that due to Brexit, the Drumpf effect, and some serious discussion by proper experts on gear forums, the price may be closer to 1400 bucks, once the hype machine winds down and they finally realise they’ve gotta get something out before October for live beta testing.

2 Likes

I thought it was 600 uk?

Thanks @Open_Mike. This is from the manual? I need to revisit that for sure. I’m pretty sure though, that I’ll still use microtiming for swing or shuffle as well. It seems easier for me, and I have control over the swing/shuffle of individual notes. But I’m glad the swing function is there.

Edit: Right. This thread is about the DT. It looks really cool. It sounds great. I want one. I have no money. I’m keeping my OT. :wink:

5 conversations at once ahhhhh

5 Likes

Step aside Cenk and Elektron…

All Hail Gargarin and Roland. :wink:

15 Likes

The first pic is… legendary :heart_eyes_cat:

Well Olle has stated the DT has swing so not so off topic could work similar to OT.
OT manual pg.89 (actual manual page not PDF or iBook page)

This article explains the concept: https://www.attackmagazine.com/features/interview/roger-linn-swing-groove-magic-mpc-timing/

3 Likes

Does anyone knows if TRIGERLESS-TRIGS are going to be available on the DT? My guess is no since it hasn’t been mentioned but you never know. It’s such an important feature on the OT sequencer.

My guess is yes of course, or first point of a wishlist ! :wink:

I suspect they will be included as everything we’ve been told about sequencer features is “same as Rytm”

2 Likes

@Void - let us know what all is included in the “MASTER” section (Func + LFO)
:wink:

yep - for sequencer features, read the Rytm manual.

2 Likes