Introducing Digitakt

I hear you, problem is I only have a laptop and a novation launchpad at the moment so its a no go for me even though I totally agree your way is far easier.

at least if I pick up the DT I can sample anything without workflow killer.

1 Like

If I wasnā€™t happy with Maschine, Iā€™d pre-order a Digitakt immediately.

2 Likes

Lame

ā€¦

1 Like

Sampling is definitely more straightforward in that you donā€™t need clock.
I look forward to sampling highly randomised one-shots from the modular with the threshold setting.
Just hope you can save a sample to the drive rather than an active track.
You could take this box anywhere, empty, sample sounds to build a bank and then the rest is obvious!

If this has retrig velocity curves Iā€™ll just go for dinner nowā€¦

At those prices, its best to preorder it now, the hike probably will not affect your preordered price. Happened to the Akai MPC X when it was raised an extra Ā£150, most stores honored those who preordered early and the hike did not affect them, but new customers still deciding to pull the trigger will have to cough up the extra money when they buy it.

yeah i love that creation :thup:

This box^^/ so nice

2 Likes

Marketing :troll:

I was thinking about adding a second Rytm a while ago. I have so much fun with that box. The DT will be a more playable version of the Rytmā€¦ Glad I preordered. I am more excited after seeing the vid. Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

mono sample play back is still a major bummer.

Have you checked this one out?

2 Likes

Thanks I will check this company

LFO stacking?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve read anything about whether or not you can modulate one LFO with another and so onā€¦?

Combined with the fine controls of start and stop time, granular synthesis sound design would be top notch.

Nice!!!

All this made me decide to sell my Rytm and buy the new MPC.

6 Likes

Definitely looks good, no personal experience with it though.

Having the power come out of a wall style outlet going thru the manufacturers power supply seems the way to goā€¦

ā€¦could be unnecessarily risky using a power bank supplying via usb to center positive cableā€¦

Yes, I am. And I guess Iā€™m nuts. Musically speaking, it is still swing. I just use my ears. But thatā€™s probably just because I havenā€™t warmed to the workflow of going into the trig edit menu, etc.

2 Likes

Had a glimpse of this new Roland sampler at SuperBooth today - no sound demos yet, no external midi or trig conditions/locks. Some preview specs below:

samples can be pitch controlled, playback start-and-end points can be edited, samples can be truncated allowing the deletion of audio bits that are not desired, samples can be divided and the split parts assigned to separate pads, and samples can be looped and loop start-and-end points can be edited. It also features MIDI in and out, but no thru.

For recording audio, the MS-1 uses left/right RCA jack audio inputs and two microphone jacks.
sample in either mono or stereo and sampling quality can be reduced to allow more sampling time and the lower the setting, the grittier the digitized sounds becomeā€¦

The MS-1 features a simple, single track sequencer which triggers only the internal sounds.

The machine is also portable and powered either by AC adapter or batteries.

7 Likes

+1 on microtiming rather than swing.

1 Like

Oof