Introducing Digitakt

Curious to know if it can pass audio through the inputs without eating up a track!

1 Like

Great news.

2 Likes

GAK has it listed at ÂŁ600, a mishtake shurely??

Think i saw it for same with anderton and Dawsons. Prob haven’t updated prices

i meant to say, was £659 yesterday… why i was surprised.

1 Like

Lately I have been having a love/hate battle with the RYTM. In some ways I love it – it sounds amazing, the obvious capabilities of the sequencer, and the depths you can take sound creation into. In other ways I hate it because I am often distracted by the depth of it - it can inspire endless tweaking that impedes the overall progress of making music (though perhaps that’s just my own issue with perfectionism). I recently bought a ‘dumb’ drum machine and am finding it to be very helpful in overcoming endless tweaking syndrome - all you can do is make a beat, make some variations, and move on. Sure, it’s not as ‘capable’ a drum ‘synth’, but it doesn’t present itself as an eddy of creativity.

The DT seems to offer a lot of what I like about the AR, but at the cost of the analog synthesis. I’m wondering more and more if that’s a bad thing, perhaps even it’s a benefit.

3 Likes

hoping for a solution a bit more elegant than that.

fingers crossed

2 Likes

I’m betting the Digi won’t be available until
June. Whenever someone in the know says “We’re hoping for …” or “We’re working really hard to …”, you know they’re never gonna make it in time.

3 Likes

aye, i’m thinking the tail end of may or early/mid june.

elektron will wanna hammer down a working OS with what’s to be expected…i remember the OT’s OS was fairly limited on release.

1 Like

Thank you, Void, and Dataline, and everyone. I remain sold based on the demo, but I really need a sturdy hardware drum computer that looks really pretty and is a joy to touch, so this has been a must for me all along. My only concern is what other wonderful products Elektron might have waiting in the wings. Well, and how long I have to wait before I’m Digitaktable.

While I’m being all Nostraroman here, I’m predicting a synth in the Heat / Digi-format. Either something FM-ish or wavetable-ish, or a synthesis digest of the Analog Four / Rytm engines.

2 Likes

I am curious how people will be integrating this with an octatrack, i think i will thicken my drum loops on the octatrack with some single shots off the digitakt, what’s others views on the pairing?

1 Like

think I’m done for today… Not all questions have easy answers, it’s an unfinished OS… will try and scan the thread for missed things tonight and post some more… bad connection & slow phone lol

sorry to report - no direct change/jump

12 Likes

Any more video footage?

1 Like

@cuckoomusic mentioned this morning of having a one on one with Elektron. However, it’ll probably be a few days at best for him to edit and upload a video of his time with the machine. The man is at Superbooth after all.

He also did a long solo Analog Keys review so saying he doesn’t do them is incorrect.

Just remember, Nick will surely knock it down a notch for lack of PWM. :grin:

11 Likes

are you really saying you use micro timing to add swing? That’s nuts… just go to trig menu and by default every other trig has a swing trig set… that’s basic swing right there. With one knob you have control over all of them, no need to plock.

Of course if you want crazy per step swing changes that would be better done in microtiming but that’s not what i would call swing.

OK i’m starting to change my tune on the DT. The more I think about it the more the backlit buttons seem indispensable. Not having that is a big annoyance with the current boxes… love to be able to fiddle with things in no/low light and i can imagine it would be great for live club environments.

Mutes being in the pattern is awesome… there is no other device of theirs that has that is there? (just plocking volume control is required?)

2 Likes