Introducing Digitakt

Still, big spongy pads mixed with iPad-like touch screen interaction will be like having ketchup on an icecream.

3 Likes

You donā€™t like ketchup on your ice cream?!!! Whatā€™s wrong with you?

4 Likes

For anyone that hasnā€™t seen this video of Digitakt

omg, you can save bpm!! finally

5 Likes

I know you must be exhausted by now and thanks for your wealth of info!:blush:

Do you know if looped samples can play without holding down a pad? I really donā€™t want to hold down a pad when my hands can do other stuff. Thank you again void!!

1 Like

That is pretty cool!

1 Like

ok so trimming - a bit unclear. Gotta investigate further ;D

input processing - theyā€™re thinking about a good implementation. My guess, itā€™s gonna happen but probably not at release time

1 Like

Whats input processing?

Applying FX to the inputs, realtime.

ahha gotcha :slight_smile:

that bit reduction n distortion sound killer.
cant wait to slam em :slight_smile:

I still have figure out swing trigs on the OT. I just find it quicker and (and more exacting?) to use micro timing and then I donā€™t have to pull up the trig edit menu, flip between regular trigs and swing, etc. Maybe something Iā€™m missing.

You can open the amp env to max to have it run infinately, or you can edit the trigger/gate-length. If you look carefully on the video, you can see the loop keeps running after the sound has stopped. Only guessing here tho. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright now weā€™re talking. It really needed a killer feature like this up its sleeve. Throw in some kind of pattern chaining and it starts to look like a viable OT alternative for those who prefer simplicity and speed over depth.

3 Likes

Totally.
It absolutely needs pattern chaining.

This box is cute. I am caving inā€¦no self control.\

Think about it you can have it on your night stand before going to bed and you can write some loops. Some people drink before bed. Others make loops before bed.

3 Likes

seems like a great little elektron box indeed,

straightforward but with interesting under-the-sleeve features, even if quite nothing is new here for elektronauts!

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t freeze my GAS for this DT and ordered an OP-1 one month ago, but Iā€™m still waiting for the shop resupply ah ahā€¦

DT will be in my basket the day Iā€™ll really lack some more channels in my OT-OP-1 setup, a day that may never arrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

weā€™re messing around with it now - itā€™s killer. big regret not having preordered lol

13 Likes

What are those buttons like?

Could you check how many sample-slots per project there are please?