Introducing Digitakt

haven’t really played yet, but it’s immediately obvious that look&feel are a major step forward.

Screen is super, buttons are super, both are bright.

Encoders feel great. Can still push, but for tweaks you don’t need to… move slow, it adjusts finely. Move fast, it goes fast. It’s immediately intuitive… has hi red controls like some paeans on a4/ar but feels a lot better

7 Likes

This sounds great if it’s nailed like it sounds it is :slight_smile: my old Hd500 had a similar knobs functionality IIRC but line 6 didn’t get it right.

totally nailed it!
like rn it’s obvious that the OS is still WIP, some params such as filter shape are difficult to select. But feels great on eg filter cutoff.

filter:
it’s AFTEr the amp
reso less extreme than AR.
only available shapes: off(bypass) , lp, hp - dunno if more will come.
Simon said its inspired by OT filter but different, and more integrated with the distortion.

sample playback goes up/down 2 octaves like ar

6 Likes

Cenk and Nick did a fabulous job here, IMHO! Now I know precisely what DT does, and it is not for me.

Dealbreakers:

• So much overlap with other superior products like OT and AR.
  • Price is not right with that in consideration.
  • Mono only, in 2017?
  • Stereo out only. Makes you depend on OB – which, for me and only me it seems, is a nightmare!

Congrats to guys who purchased it. If you have the cash and/or find use for it. For me, I like gear which I simply can’t do without. This is not that type of kit. Peace!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for that.
It looks like sampling is a bit hit or miss, maybe? We could record long, resample, discard original. 64 mb for 256 patterns will need tidy cuts.

1 Like

Is the sampling on the fly?

Btw, STROM 2 dt, when is it coming out ? Tomorrow or tonight ?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

yea sampling happen via that menu (which you can leave and continue tweaking while recording).

seems crazy MDUW ram machine style tricks are out of the picture.

Basically you choose source (ext, resample, usb) and either L, R, or MIX - then you rec either immediately, or through volume threshold trigger, or sequencer start(?)

Sample playback and setting of loop points etc seems very good tho!!

7 Likes

Any idea if you can use that l,r, mix sample option to run audio through on a track and process with digitakt fx adding it to the output?

Basically sequence a hardware synth using one of digitakt midi channels and mix it’s output back through the digitakt whilst adding reverb and drive

2 Likes

Cenk presentation starting now, maybe it’s on superbooth livestream

2 Likes

Yeah same here but all the little details/improvements are starting to look super promising for the next big’un :slight_smile: And DT looks like a great introduction to Elektron for people that can’t strech/don’t need the big guns. Good times all round :slight_smile:

is it only me not getting any audio from the stream?

I’m not getting any sound either :frowning:

anyone got a link for the stream?
i cant find it on google
thanks

1 Like

Any word on truncating samples to save space when live sampling chunks of audio?

The little shield badge indicates that the person has moderator status on the forum. Several, but maybe not all, Elektron employees here have moderator status.

will check!

2 Likes

anyone got a link for the superbooth live stream?

:frowning:

It’s on their front page.

https://www.superbooth.com/

1 Like

ah sh1t it was staring me in the face. i was hunting all over their site n youtube channel. thanks :slight_smile:

yep, no sound here either.

You might have to create a empty pattern with all the sample placed the way you want then copy and paste across 4 patterns.