Introducing Digitakt

I pre-order because I could get one for 585, not sure they will even sell for that on the 2nd hand market.

mOde perf on ANALOG RYTM are awsomes !
We can esperate this on digitakt with those updates

Bit of a disappointing hands on

3 Likes

haha.
What about the" Customize Your Sound - Stand Out From The Crowd"ā€¦ is there a plugin for that?

3 Likes

I can not wait to see the sampling attempts with the elektron banks

As we see what synth used on 8 track midi with the sequencer
Which synthetizer Elektron going to use to practice with the conditionalstrigs on these demos

give us some damn demo FFS !

2 Likes

Any word on sequenced sampling (ie record trig action)?

Still no talk of midi implimentation. Needs midi implimentation. Octaā€™s implimentation is not suficient, and this is my primary concern for this device that they do not attempt the same form of midi implimentation as octa.

Thats what you should expect with the exception that it will have conditional trigs and less lfos. The multiple note triggers will probably be the same.

I should expect unacceptable midi implimentation? For clarification, I am refering to how the unit will respond to incoming midi - sending midi to the digitakt from external sequencer. If the user is only provided with the ability to change the pitch of samples from external sequencer, this would be unacceptable - the user should be given the option to route note number or velocity to sample slot to play different samples from each track

For those of us who didnā€™t preorder a Digitakt, will we be waiting months for the next batch? :sad:

I seriously doubt that will be available. I wanted that option on the OT for a long time. Most likely it will be more like the bottom octave will cover the the sample hits across the 8 tracks, the mid octaves will have chromatic playback of the chosen track and the the upper octaves will have some pattern playback options.

3 Likes

Donā€™t expect a demo wait until superbooth2017

For such a seemingly simple device, the size of this thread is getting outlandishā€¦

3 Likes

I keep thinking Iā€™m gonna cancel my pre-order on this, being very happy with my rig right now.

Then I remember that two of my favourite pieces of gear ever, was the Volca Sample and the Electribe ES-1 - and that Iā€™d kept them if the Volca Sample could export songs so that I could build a library of tracks with it, or if the ES-1 hadnā€™t used a storage method from the dungeons of Thomas Torquemada.

If the DigiTakt is as immediate as any of these two, then I already know whatever features listed is already enough and whatever else is thrown in, is just more icing on a pretty damn fine cake.

If the DigiTakt has lots of more awesome features revealed in time, but still lacks that immediate punch of its spiritual siblings, then Iā€™m putting mine out for sale within a week.

Since Iā€™m notoriously bad at business, this last scenario is probably gonna make some potential DigiTakt user very happy :slight_smile:

By this logic your music production sampler Nirvana was already reached with the Electribe ESX (SD card storage) still readily available on the used market and even some old new stocks kicking around. But this logic is broken methinks, unless the ES-1 had some magic the later model lacked ?

No, youā€™re right. I had a go at the ESX and hereā€™s where my logic failed and emotions kicked in -

First off, the ES-1 and Volca Sample both sound better than the ESX-1. They got that lofi crunch and itā€™s quite distinguishable. So better, as in I prefer that color.

Second, the ESX is pretty big - I like the small size factor of the VSample, the ES-1 and the DigiTakt.

Also, the ESXā€™s internal effects are pretty bad. The older machines are so dated in the quality of their fx, it actually contributes to the character. The ESX, in the effects area, is too close to pro fx quality, but not quite there, so I was more prone to not use them at all, since they neither had character nor that distinct fine quality, which Iā€™m gonna assume the DigiTakt has.

Also, the - in comparison - substantially higher memory (64MB vs 25MB) allows for more looping and longer samples. Not a critical factor, given the sample time of the VSample and the ES-1, but certainly not a bad thing in itself.

Also, sample transfer through USB and some slick interface certainly adds to the DigiTaktā€™s favour, in comparison with the ESX.

All in all, though, these are just practical arguments, versions of my emotional experience with the ESX that boiled down to the fact that I just didnā€™t enjoy it all that much compared to the ES-1 and the Volca Sample.

1 Like

I hear ya - so the ES-1 did have some magic then (I personally love the ER-1 sound and crappy delay) and the form factor/immediacy makes sense here too. From this point of view maybe the ES-1 makes a pretty good comparison.

Itā€™s very charming. Iā€™ve heard many prefer the ES-1 before the ESX, because of its character (it has that funky delay you mention, for starters) and immediacy, compared to the pretty immediate ESX as well. Though by features, it falls way short. Itā€™s not uncommon that sample-heads run both in parallell, using the ES-1 as a drummer and the ESX for more elaborate work.