Introducing Digitakt

Hi - Elektron newbie here, but Iā€™ve pre-ordered the DT because it looks bloomin excellent, and will complement my setup perfectly.

As well as being interesting in the ā€˜one shotā€™ functionality, I love messing with chopped breaks, and i canā€™t work out if the DT will give the basic performance controls that, say, exs24 or an old akai would give. So, assuming i have a break chopped into 8 (sadly mono) slices, one on each trackā€¦ do you peeps think it likely that these tracks could be grouped so that one knob could control the pitch / envelope / filter parameters for all slices? Or is it more likely that such controls would be limited to the control of one track at a time?

I get the feeling that the DT wonā€™t be good for chopping breaks. The RYTM wasnā€™t any good for sample editing/chopping.

In this case, a very simple workaround would be to have one long loop (all 8) as one sample and just p-lock the start and end points. Not that hard really and all parts of the loop will be affected the same.

If DT is like the RYTM, you can do what was just described by creating a sample chain, but if the samples are not properly spaced apart, the start parameter will not be guaranteed to start at the beginning of each sample precisely. You will need to create the sample chain in Ableton or something.

The original announcement at NAMM forecasted shipping in April, not 1 April.

When Elektron started taking pre-orders, they said that it would begin shipping in May.

I imagine that the manual will be available on-line at the same time as the units start shipping.

1 Like

2,693 post on April2017 and still no video overview, no manual just speculations and pre-order expectation jejejejejejej

1 Like

I try to swap parts on the Octa but donā€™t get the as good/interesting results because all my parts are similar in a bank. Could copy parts from other banks but not as fluid of a workflow. Love that on the other boxes I can easily (nearly) scroll through 128 different sets of sounds (aka the kits) for my patterns.

1 Like

TR girl must be mineā€¦ must ā€¦ beā€¦ miiiinnneeeeeeeeā€¦ ahem. Sorry.

1 Like

Please stay on topic.

5 Likes

It is an ongoing source of confusion for me too!

What I am really missing on information about the DT are any details on its sound-sculpting capabilities. I think it is firmly established now that it is fully sample based, but I personally havenā€™t got the first clue how much sound sculpting is possible (perhaps it is hidden among the ~2700 replies in this topic, but COME ON!).

1 Like

Correct.

This is why Amazon make a point of offering their ā€˜Pre-order price guaranteeā€™. They are not obliged to honour preorder prices by law.

Why donā€™t they release a Demo video for DT?? Are they hiding something??

The DT, obviouslyā€¦

1 Like

Guess Cenk is putting something special together and itā€™ll appear before release, maybe that takes a while if heā€™s busy with other stuff too.

That or they figure the mystery of a simplified box is selling more pre-orders than the reality wouldā€¦ Still a lot of speculation/hope in this thread for features that havenā€™t been confirmed or even mentioned by Elektron. If none of them are there then Iā€™m not really sure how much a video could further enlighten/excite experienced Elektron users that are familiar with most of the old tricks etc already. Though the absence of any videos now is kind of weird if theyā€™re targeting new/inexperienced peeps, which seems to be the caseā€¦ Hopefully means last minute OS additions :slight_smile:

We are in April! tic tac Elektronā€¦ Tic tacā€¦

2 Likes

hopefully 1 lfo on each track allows you to send a clock sync lfo to a midi cc parameter on a midi track.
just something simple to send a sweep to the filter cc or something like that.
though i suspect they mean audio/sample track,

and i assume its one reverb and delay across all audio tracks.
so much speculation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Musicmesse is coming right up, hope @Dataline and the crew with have demos there, and the tutorial videos will probably drop with messe? Pretty interested in this device.

2 Likes

a place starting with F in a city starting with B
(not FEZ/Superbooth)

Swedish rumours r that Elektron aint at Messe at all, Superbooth (in Funkhaus) in Berlin is the place to be (right Void!?)

2 Likes