Introducing Digitakt

I joined today because the Digitakt is looking to be the machine of my dreams. Since its announcement at NAMM, I paid it no mind for I wasn’t impressed. However, its small compact size attracted me so I looked into it further and ended up here and read all its sampling features which appear to be great and stellar stuff. Also, I love it has no timestretching but pitch to stretch samples to the beat. It was one of the things I loved to do with vintage samplers because you hear different pitches of the sound spectrum and can really transform a mix into something dark or something lighthearted.

I am rooting for Elektron for this and even preordered my Digitakt last week. I hope to get involved with this community as launch day nears and share tips on it.

There is always that one device that was made just for you, with Digitakt, I feel Elektron made it solely for me :blush:

11 Likes

You can tie the kit to a specific pattern. There is a option in GLOBAL. The only thing you have to do is save the kit!

No kits? So the Octatrack all over again. With respect to those who don’t like kits, you are missing out. Yes, you can potentially overwrite your work but …? You could potentially overwrite pattens, files on your computer, anything - just learn to not do it. Kit’s bring so much to the workflow and most importantly - creativity. Randomly switch kits to something you used for a totally different pattern and you will in most cases find some very good happy accidents.

No kits is likely a deal breaker for me.

4 Likes

I do this regularly on the OT using parts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that looks like a dirty device to start with elektron machine :sunglasses:

1 Like

The kick drum, along with some parameter locking, and a shaker sample with the LFO assigned to the Bit Reduction parameter, work together to create a solid groove in a few minutes.The combination is really interesting, the parameters are effective until evolving in sound design

5 Likes

This won’t be able to be done on the DT. The AR allows for essentially two sound sources on one track the analog voice + the sample voice. To recreate this on the DT it would take up 2 tracks. Love this vid!

yEah :dagger: but It is the lfo that does all the work so after if the digitakt which is him a sampler can simply follow the same workflow as the AR :lifter: this may be incredible. Especially that the sampler is 8 parts engine

8 internal audio tracks
8 dedicated MIDI tracks
1 × Multi-mode filter per audio track
1 × Assignable LFO per track
Delay and Reverb send FX
Sampling capability
64 MB sample memory
1 GB +Drive storage
2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output
1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
Overbridge support

Can we hope to make this incredible trick with theDigitakt ?

1 Like

I’m waiting to see how the kit-less implementation is before making that judgement.
Might be a new paradigm.

5 Likes

I’ll probably purchase a DT but to truly rock the house I want separate outs to feed a mixer. OB with a midi style mixer should do the trick. Fingers cross no computer hiccups during live performance.

I am as big a fan of Kits as anyone can be.

Especially since their iteration in the A4 and Rytm, Kits are a wonderful non-destructive multi-patch memory system that keeps your +Drive sounds safe. It’s the lack of this structure that makes the Blofeld and other multi-timbral synths unbearable for me to use.

But, like @tr909 mentions, you have to learn how to use them properly.
Like any organizational tool, they’re more powerful when you use them to actively organize things, and stay on top of keeping your work organized. Otherwise, you’ve got a room full of random manila envelopes and have no idea of what is where.

I hope Elektron has found a balance of simplicity but without sacrificing too much of what makes the Kit format so powerful.

5 Likes

Yeah you could use a midi controller to work the filters of the DT for some eq’n, personally I like 3 band control to get in the nooks and crannies of my sound.

I think it’s ok to be excited about the DT, but there really isn’t any reason to inflate its abilities.

3 Likes

When do we see the manual. I thought DT was supposed to be released on April 1.

1 Like

That @dataline video can’t be too far away? Can it?

I’ve never used a laptop for a live gig so I’ll feel a little nervous if I went that route. Every venue I’ve performed I’ve needed to make adjustments to my eq just to get into the pocket. I use a mixer as a tool to “dj” my tracks. That being said something like a Novation Launchcontrol XL or a Faderfox midi controller can be set up to handle the mixing in the DT, not the best but doable. I prefer analog outs for obvious reasons (fx pedals) , but I still see the DT as nice companion to one of the big brothers (:elan: :elmd: :elmm: :elot:) I’m excited about the sample wave surfing or scrubbing feature. :thup:

1 Like

Can be that digitakt will arrive before the videos test ^^
:troll:Maybe…

Cenk is currently working on a video series that will go into details about the unit. It will start in a few weeks and run until the release.

Olle said this on March 21st…

1 Like

Yeah, dropping this week, I can feel it!!!

Is it possible to dream of a white version like the oT below :troll:

1 Like