Introducing Digitakt

It will be cool if there is way to time stretch loops in some kind of edit mode(they said no real time time stretching). Then you can slice the loop, rearrange it and layer some more drums with other tracks. This will be a killer. Elektron, hope you are reading this. :slight_smile:

I agree that the OT is fairly priced, as well the other flagship machines. Not everyone agrees this is true. Likewise, I also think that the DT is fairly priced given my own personal consideration of features, build quality, etc.

I’m not sure what you mean?

No it isn’t related when the clever white coats do their thing, but I’m positive the final price of the units is definitely related to the place the tech is manufactured. If you can argue convincingly that labour in Sweden or the U.S. is as cheap as labour in China, or that the cost of labour for a manufacturer is a negligible part of the final price calculation, I’m open to changing my position.

It’s a sampling drum machine, right? Certain minuscule details are filtering to us now, but the basics have been known for awhile. Sorry, if I’m stating the obvious or if your comment wasn’t necessarily pertaining to my post.

Delay time has a much finer resolution then what you can recreate in programing with trigs. It won’t sound as bouncey using retrigger with decay.

Would love to hear more about your project @wouzer.

5 Likes

Very curious about the DT. I will probably think of some reason why I need it.

I sold my MD for Rytm, but still feel kinda sad about it. Really hope digitakt brings back the sound + addional features.

Ow and I will buy for sure if they trow in crt-all function…one off coolest drummachine features.

Btw curious how Elektron will prevent OB premium from illegal downloading?..So who’s willing to pay for elektron dongle?

1 Like

I can tell more, but it will be somehow off topic.

I wasn’t talking abut retrigger, just plain old pattern programming when it’s done right. For me personally, a delay and especially a reverb just belongs into a send. I personally hardly ever need more than one delay. For me personally the advantage of having an uncluttered menu structure and a great sounding reverb on a send absolutely outweighs the theoretical stuff I might be able to do if I had one delay on each track that I can still more or less emulate. The whole neighbor/insert FX thing is one of the thing I never liked on the OT.

I am way more bummed that there seems to be no CTRL Al, or macro controls or scene fader. That is a MUCH bigger deal for me. But I don’t want to be repetitive and I guess the DT can’t be tailor made for everyone.

2 Likes

That’s even less resolution. The OT has spoiled me.

The machine is the dongle. :wink:[quote=“noxical, post:2613, topic:35326”]
Ow and I will buy for sure if they trow in crt-all function…one off coolest drummachine features.
[/quote]

Hmm…

4 Likes

this thread cant derail that much more anyways… so fire away : )

2 Likes

:wink: … You’re avatar could also scan like you’re a, ahem, fan of the potus, just sayin’ …

4 Likes

also you can sort of get different delay times from one single delay sending 8th or 16th or whatever rhythm into it, you can p-lock the delay send, you have micro timing, you can fade down a track completely and only send it to the delay, there’s so much you can do.

Yeah, anyone familiar with Trackers in the 90’s, knows that delays are easily acheived with some clever pattern-programming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’ve got a dirty mind…

“Oh, I don’t know. That digression business got on my nerves. I don’t know. The trouble with me is, I like it when somebody digresses. It’s more interesting and all”.

Must be a full moon or something tonight.

4 Likes

Will it be “Made in Sweden” though?

One shot sample based drum sequencer with p-locks…
8 track midi sequencer
8 audio tracks.
This is a cool device.
Yeahit could have this. Could have that.
Could have a vicious stoat to fend off thieves.
Or an angered badger. I dont meas with badgers. May get involved in a brawl with an angered stoat, theyre quick but i have the strength to prevail. Reckon id come away victorious.
Badgers and the bets off. They are grey bodied everton mint faced furies of nature. Large. Angry. And equiped to maim. I aint no fool when it comes to european frest mammal fights. Count me out brethren. Peace.

6 Likes

Perfect Circuit audio has it for pre-order at $649. If only I was more patient :sweat_smile: https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/elektron-digitakt.html

2 Likes