Introducing Digitakt

Not sure I see a benefit there? I sample YouTube all the time… Just plug my phone/ipad in to interface/sampler. Prefer that to doing it internal on laptop and flipping between windows to locate YouTube position then back to Daw and vice versa…

We count on you

Say hi to Cenk and Simon from all of us :grin:

1 Like

i think they hate us ^___^

Hi guys :)/

4 Likes

:diddly:

1 Like

sure, will do!
so recording samples is like Cenk showed. Don’t think there’s more.

Params are stored inside patterns - but they’re working on thinks like linking patterns to share sounds, also pattern chaining which will be more advanced than in current devices (instead of song mode)

Mutes & bpm also stored in patterns

13 Likes

Direct jump ?

Haven’t had a chance to watch DT first look video all the way through. I am mostly curious about how the lack of kits has been implemented.

I often have 4 patterns that reference the same kit, and I tweak sounds a lot, want to make sure those tweaks apply to the 4 patterns while switching patterns.

If anyone has come across this specific info mentioned yet, please advise.

The DT looks cool, but I don’t think it’s going to work for me. I’m more of a traditional singer/guitarist/songwriter (who likes unique sounds and modern technology), and the lack of song mode will kill the Digitakt for me. I think it should have a few individual outs too.

I’ll likely buy an MPC Live when they come out.

The audio ins. They convert to mono for samples, but what about using DT as soundcard, does it retain stereo for overbridge into DAW. How many individual outs via usb to Overbridge? Can I have A free DT?

really curious about the advanced pattern chaining.

haven’t really played yet, but it’s immediately obvious that look&feel are a major step forward.

Screen is super, buttons are super, both are bright.

Encoders feel great. Can still push, but for tweaks you don’t need to… move slow, it adjusts finely. Move fast, it goes fast. It’s immediately intuitive… has hi red controls like some paeans on a4/ar but feels a lot better

7 Likes

This sounds great if it’s nailed like it sounds it is :slight_smile: my old Hd500 had a similar knobs functionality IIRC but line 6 didn’t get it right.

totally nailed it!
like rn it’s obvious that the OS is still WIP, some params such as filter shape are difficult to select. But feels great on eg filter cutoff.

filter:
it’s AFTEr the amp
reso less extreme than AR.
only available shapes: off(bypass) , lp, hp - dunno if more will come.
Simon said its inspired by OT filter but different, and more integrated with the distortion.

sample playback goes up/down 2 octaves like ar

6 Likes

Cenk and Nick did a fabulous job here, IMHO! Now I know precisely what DT does, and it is not for me.

Dealbreakers:

• So much overlap with other superior products like OT and AR.
  • Price is not right with that in consideration.
  • Mono only, in 2017?
  • Stereo out only. Makes you depend on OB – which, for me and only me it seems, is a nightmare!

Congrats to guys who purchased it. If you have the cash and/or find use for it. For me, I like gear which I simply can’t do without. This is not that type of kit. Peace!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for that.
It looks like sampling is a bit hit or miss, maybe? We could record long, resample, discard original. 64 mb for 256 patterns will need tidy cuts.

1 Like

Is the sampling on the fly?

Btw, STROM 2 dt, when is it coming out ? Tomorrow or tonight ?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

yea sampling happen via that menu (which you can leave and continue tweaking while recording).

seems crazy MDUW ram machine style tricks are out of the picture.

Basically you choose source (ext, resample, usb) and either L, R, or MIX - then you rec either immediately, or through volume threshold trigger, or sequencer start(?)

Sample playback and setting of loop points etc seems very good tho!!

7 Likes

Any idea if you can use that l,r, mix sample option to run audio through on a track and process with digitakt fx adding it to the output?

Basically sequence a hardware synth using one of digitakt midi channels and mix it’s output back through the digitakt whilst adding reverb and drive

2 Likes

Cenk presentation starting now, maybe it’s on superbooth livestream

2 Likes