Introducing Digitakt

Poly should be 4, as announced, but you can set several tracks on the same midi channel to extend poly. The 4 notes are related, same length.
Cenk said there’s microtiming.
I doubt there’s much more than OT (3 lfos, arp, 10CC). But cond trigs are super efficient.
I had and sold Mpc1000 jjos2xl (+ OT) and I’ll keep OT forever.
DT would be a very nice OT compagnion for me.

@Ozone yes plock Program Change with cond trigs would be great !

3 Likes

No swing was shown? I hope its onboard, along with swing trigs. I’ve become so addicted to negative swing that I need it on every new box :diddly:

I also hope that there’s a velocity mod matrix onboard…

They have announced poly as 4? Same length, like OT?

That’s no use to me sadly - or surely anybody who can actually play a keyboard instrument with more than one finger!

I get that it suits some genres but I’m a player and I need to record my performances which is something I can do on every MPC since the 60!

1 Like

Or more than four fingers.

2 Likes

Hey Elektron, extended chords asked for their notes back!

But hey, it’s a sampling drum machine at heart and for that it’s looking schweeeet! I wish it every success

“Let’s lay crap on this!” :joy:

© 2017, Cenk Sayinli

9 Likes

Yeah I laughed, he also said ‘shit’ earlier in the vid instead of ‘short hit’…

Has Cenk been trained by the CIA only to forget all the blink signals and just resort to almost subliminal notification of his genuine opinion on the DT?

3 Likes

yeah, this - or he is indeed under quite some pressure. poor Cenk - new Hardware Releases seem to scratch on his health :smiley:

Yes I’m sure this forum has contributed to his blood pressure increase :smile:

1 Like

at superbooth now… upstairs space where electron is opens in half hour so no digitakt impressions yet… but can maybe answer some Qs later! Will try and squeeze as much info as possible ;D

12 Likes

Be cool if you can get the scoop on scenes/performance and kits :wink: Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nick is on record as saying that Elektron boxes are too difficult/not immediate enough for him so prefers to have Elektron do the product demos themselves. This is a great shame as his video reviews are never as good when he’s relegated to bystander commentator mode - he never manages to dig in quite the same and give a balanced opinion.

5 Likes

You can hear Nick laughing in the video. :smile:

:joy::joy::joy: Yeah let just ignore the 16 big spungy pads on the MPC. That’s not “taktile” enough.

5 Likes

You’d think that since his job is reviewing hardware, he’d actually take the time to learn these boxes even if he doesn’t find them initially intuitive. It’s a bit of a cop out.

1 Like

Is it 64megs per pattern or per project? That makes a big difference!

project. but thats 12 mins.
I can see me using a whole project per 3 or 4 tunes.
12 mins is not bad tho. could have been way more and id have been a happier bunny but its defo usable.

2 Likes

I’m thinking sometimes about an Mpc 500 with Ot. Would be nice with DT too.

Well im hoping I can stream youtube audio directly into the DT and start making techno loops right off the bat. Its very sluggish for me having to convert videos, load them back into ableton mess around creating grain clouds and atmospheres,

On another note, whats with the click click clicking sound when you loop samples? we need a 0 cross fade loop feature for the DT its 2017.

Please check if retrig has velocity curves to fade in/out!!!