Introducing Digitakt

Skimming.

Skimming…

Nope, no new info

2 Likes

April is only 10 days a away, ya’ll

1 Like

Oh man! That was brutal! All that build up and anticipation and it was the first Elektron that wasn’t an atomic bomb of desire. Definitely haven’t recovered from that!

If this last tease reveal has been on par with their groovebox releases with the same 3 day wait time, I would have been completely even and back to where I was back on June regarding Elektron releases. But now I need something of equal magnificence to the OT2 to be enthralled with the notion of a new Elektron

Maybe the undisclosed info could be something that would make the DT an add on to the OT that would effectively make the combo an OT2? THEN that would make this the greatest move by Elektron

4 Likes

lets start with my favorite… heres a video promo for the elektron analog 4:

and here is a video promo for the octatrack:

3 Likes

Haha I could easy get framed for this :wink:

1 Like

The USB bandwidth in the Digitakt is 480mbit/s and will support more than the current 8 channels. Exactly how many channels and in what configuration is still being tested.

6 Likes

I’ve seen the videos.

Having thought about it a bit over the last day or two, I have to say for me the most interesting part of the digitakt is the 8 channels of midi with the advanced trig modes.

I can imagine hooking up my korg ER1 and various volcas and sundry other mono synths for some quite interesting evolving blippyness. If we can send those tracks lfos to midi CC then there is quite a depth for fun midi experimentation.

I really wish the elektron crew could find a way of adding 1 or 2 more lfos per track on all their machines though.

3 Likes

Elektron’s website says that DT pre-orders start shipping in May.

yea 2 lfo’s should be mandatory per channel on all gear imo, as a minimum. it really opens things up.

2 Likes

Sorry if it’s been answered before - (I’m not reading 2K posts on a phone), but are the LFOs assignable from track to track à la MD?

Is the FN+Knob MD combo working as well? If not, is there a Ctrl-All equivalent?

These are by far my favorite features on the MD.

3 Likes

Agreed.
As of yet neither seem to be the case. Im hoping Elektron sort both those things out.

Dullest thread on the net right now… especially if you’ve been following it from the start :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

This will not work because of Sounds/Presets.

1 Like

True that. On the other hand I gotta whine a little as well: That was a great chance of making a 2017 version of the MPC1000, but there are just too many things missing (stereo sampling and playback, velocity on “pads”, simple slicing, etc.). I go and buy an MPC500 now, so I have a battery powered friend for my OP-1 and wait how things develop.

So you can save a track’s sample + settings as a global patch? If so that’s a good move. Requested that feature for OT a couple of times on here :wink:
Can you save multiple tracks as a kit?

Erm, if that’s what you’re looking for you might wanna check out Akai’s website for future products about to be released :wink:

Any sign of a ctrl-all fuction of any kind on the DT Ollie?
(crosses fingers)

:slight_smile:

Not in the OT but in the A4 and Rytm this is how it works already.

Kits will work a bit differently than before and will be more tied to a pattern. You will not need to save the Kits anymore and there is nothing called Kits in the unit. But some of the Kit functionality is still there.

4 Likes

I meant as capable as an MPC1000 JJOS, but elektron style. I had a few MPCs and I am not interested in the LIVE or X. Had the Touch but apart from the pads and the actual slicing I didn´t like it much.

1 Like