Introducing Digitakt II

I see you can now save kits outside of projects. Cool.
Can you also save patterns outside of projects? (or maybe this has always been the case; couldn’t tell from the loopop vid).

Can anyone confirm if the euclidian mode is for audio or midi tracks? Or both???

1 Like

or buy a rytm!

speaking of which… what does the rytm flagship still have over the digitakt II apart from the synthesis engines?

Looks nice. Bummed about the rubberized buttons. Apart from that it looks like an improvement in a lot of ways.

I particularly like the new way to handle trig conditions (it’s really nice to have both random, fill, and time signature conditions). Hope they’re ported to the other machines - the same way I’m hoping for the euclidean sequencer on every box.

? are they different than the other machines?

are they different than the other machines?

No but given the profuse user feedback I was hoping that they would use something more durable going forward.

When I spoke to the support about this issue I was answered:

I will make sure to forward your request to our developers. Please note that offering non-rubberized buttons is not something that can be easily done, and with the low fail rate we see with the rubberized buttons - we still find that the nice feel is worth it. This could, of course, change if the fail rate would go up.

So maybe this issue is overinflated, but I had Elektron and some other devices going sticky so I’m now avoiding this material.

3 Likes

we are happy to invite interested participants to join a private beta

Does anyone know how to apply to this private beta of Overbridge?

Nice, as long as I’m using the OT, I have to accept my only other elektron will be a Syntakt, only, a Syyyntaaakt!
NO.
Means,
NOOOOO!

Well done Elektron, well done. And with that, good day sir.

I said, Good Day!

8 Likes

really appreciate the possibility to load dt1 projects into the dt2. since its quite a different machine under the hood, there must have been some work involved to make that possible. respect to elektron for that

2 Likes

Im actually considering a DT1!
Used prices are down to €350 now, which is kind of bonkers

10 Likes

sun is a great factor in that happening. my qunexus was lying under a ceiling window, getting pure sun every day. and it was a sticky mess. same with my microbrute. the keys also got yellow, like the teeth of a chain smoker…

since i moved, i dont get direct light into my studio and i havent had any problems with my digitakt

1 Like

On my Keystep every other white key is turning yellow.

where did you see this?!?

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.37.27

looks like ordering directly from Elektron was a good call

2 Likes

I think it will be by invitation, we’ll see if there’s an announcement to the contrary

1 Like

I’m still thinking if I should sell mine or not. More and more I’m thinking to try and mod the yellow LED onto DT II

1 Like

Swedish used market… Elektrons are usually a bit cheaper on the Swedish used market

1 Like

Hi, DT2 looking nice, anyone knows if there’s an option for “headphone only metronome”, or routing a track to headphones only?
Couldn’t find anything in the manual, cheers :sunflower:

just for the reason that i can load dt1 projects to the dt2 im keeping it

with stereo samples and a chorus the dt2 added everything i asked for as an update. and even more.

and since its much more powerful under the hood, there will be lots of updates coming that will make the dt2 a whole different machine than the dt1 in the future (and will make the dt1 a classic device on its own).

more, new updates will be great for the dt2, but can be overwhelming in the creative process as we all know.

my strategy for the future is to have the dt1 as a sketch machine and be able to load the sketches on the dt2 and have much more headroom.

i have a few mono sound makers lying around, that i always wanted control with the dt1 and sample off, but never found the muse to connect them to my dt1 that is the motherbrain of a little desktop setup.

with the dt2 being the future motherbrain in my setup, i could use the dt1 for these duties.

but i will wait a bit and see how the dt2 will make its way. there could still be hardware problems and other stuff happening. i also want to sell some stuff first. and i must admit that i havent used the dt1 to its full potential, yet.

3 Likes

haha! i was thinking the same

1 Like