Introducing Analog Heat MKII

my guess is also that OB release will be soon now, as the 2/2 SOUND Interface feature will need it.

4 Likes

Where have they stated this? OB development is definetily R&D work so if their R&D team is doing something else, it might explain why they can’t get OB ready.

I for one think that at this point, they should put their R&D guys to work 100% on OB if they ever intend to get it out.

I think people need to stop spreading this myth that it’s somehow normal for software development to be a year late.

No, it is not normal and okay to sell something and then delay the release of it for a year.

1 Like

This is great. A thread about the new Analog Heat, yet the majority of the posts are about Overbridge.

8 Likes

Getting upset about OB on a thread for the AH MKII is not that productive imo. To sway things back to “on-topic,” I think it would’ve been nice if they would’ve used a different colorful color for the “on” button, and made all the knobs black

1 Like

Now I can get a MKI on the cheap!

This is more important than a real OT upgrade? Or a proper sequel to the Monomachine or Machinedrum?

Cool

AH1 always was a bit of a black sheep between the old mki analogs and the new DT design

looks much nicer next to the digi boxes now

and a nice statement about their ongoing support for the sound processor

still, surprised to see a mkii before we ever saw a 2nd, different, processing unit.

looking forward to seeing what’s next

2 Likes

I agree

I love the Analog Heat, I’m not selling it or buying the Mk2, so this doesn’t affect me. I’m not mad that they made it. They do them, while I do me :sunglasses:

I don’t think it affects OB either, it has nothing to do with OB. Like someone else mentioned, they are different departments.

But I do see why it bothers some.

1 Like

I have to explain this to upper management at least once a month where I work.

“We’re not flipping burgers here.”

That’s what I tell them.

3 Likes

Nice one! All my mk I analogs just became ”vintage” :diddly:

I kinda like the contrast of round buttons vs. squared ones anyway - I can tell which box is analog or digital just by looking at the buttons :nyan:

3 Likes

What is the difference between the MKI & MKII? the way it handles mono sources? In the video review it says that mono signals on the MKI are sent to both channels, which I don’t understand as it is supposed to be a true stereo device. Unless it detects mono input and auto sends it to both channels?

1 Like

Loopop says that this is the case. The new manual shows that the L input for the Mk2 is also marked as Mono.

This may or may not be an OS 1.10 improvement that could come to the AH Mk1.

EDIT: The new change log and manual for Mk1 (OS 1.10) does not discuss this so mono input splitting to two channels appears to be a hardware feature of Mk2 only (subject to confirmation by Elektron).

4 Likes

the mk1 was expensive, this seems even more so. those few sidegrades cant be 200 bucks in parts, they just try to rip us off even more now, you’ve lost a potential customer right there.

3 Likes

Plot twist: Numark has secretly acquired Elektron. Soon all Elektron devices will be midi controllers only, haha.

1 Like

That’s a $40 difference. What kind of sensational math are you using to come up with that $200 figure?

3 Likes

umm no, my OT is mk II so square buttons

IIRC there was also something in recent elektron’s email about square/circle (analog/digital). Funny that

1 Like

Pidgeo up top stated “€200 more expensive than mk1?”

Asking a question.

Then people started posting “what, $200 more?!!? That’s crazy”

This is how rumors get started! People not listening or reading what’s really being said. Just hearing & seeing what they want.

Well came here to see the chaos and I certainly got it :joy: but more seriously this is just part of the process of them moving over to new components for all there products… how much time could this have possibly taken from overbridge if the same people were working on both. It does make me worry a bit about the potential repairs on the old units going forward hopefully they have some production set on the old stuff to keep people repairing going forwards. Does elektron still repair monomachine and machinedrum?

3 Likes

ive been to their place in LA and i’m betting they kept a hefty supply of older parts to continue to service any mk1 for a while. They build in predictive analytics to estimate supply on manufacturing and servicing units for years… that is until you get the “we no longer support X” email.

1 Like