Introducing Analog Heat MKII

mk1 €651 on juno.Co.uk .
mk2 €830 on elektron.se.

prints is referring to the US dollar price which is ex vat.

A comment on the Facebook posts mention that a part within the mk 1 was being End of Lined (aka no longer produced). That caused a necessity to spin an updated product. I would have called it a rev b, but the OLED screen makes it a bit more obvious, so probably hence the mk2 designation.

1 Like

you think they gonna still make updates for MK1 ?

https://www.da-x.de/de/catalogsearch/result/?q=analog+heat&x=0&y=0

no kiddin, got my account put on hold too.
apparently this forum has strict rules but for the record i wasnt being mean towards you.
when i see nonsense i am prone to calling it out. my language was amicable actually.

but as to why i replied to your post directly:
turning a simple MKII update to bring it in line with other products and have the same components, into some problem with capitalism, especially where the comment is 0 fact based is really detrimental to any critique you want to make and makes the discussion here murky. as a fellow capitalist critic, it undermines our point if you are unaware of any facts and it just gives fodder to the other side.

no man its not.
there are no investors and no shareholders, thats what privately owned means.
and please dont play semantics: we are all pressured to perform in our day to day lives. that is the system.
look, the subject has been discussed i see by some clever people here, apparently this is not an finance thing “we needz revenuez, cash moneyz, quick new product” but more of a logistical one. ofcourse everything boils down to money but that is beside the point.

turning this into a halfbaked anticapitalist discussion is a disservice to everyone because it just is not based in reality. i am kind of amused that mods will let any such bull fly but my f-words will get stamped out.

1 Like

Overhub MKII

A USB hub tailored for Overbridge 2.0

Overhub MKII is the ideal USB hub solution for Overbridge 2.0 enabled units* Connect up to 7 units to a single host computer for maximum productivity.

Lime green font brings this inline with the colour scheme of modern Electron displays!

A USB hub for a future studio, * sometime between soon and infinity
Naturally, Overhub MKII is fully compatible with all USB peripherals. And it works in the most convenient manner too as operation is completely driverless.

Clever tech
Multi TT technology ensures ultimate USB data transfer performance. Every bit in its right place, at the right time. Overhub MKII is a top performer.

In­cluded in the box:
1 × Overhub 2.0 Multiple Transaction Translator USB 3.0 Hub
1 × USB 2.0 A to Micro-B Connector Cable
1 × USB 3.0 A to Micro-B Connector Cable
4 × Four rubber feet
1 × User manual
2 x crossed fingers

13 Likes

Posts that adhere to guidelines, “fly”

Posts that do not, get flagged.

We let everyone voice their opinions so long as they keep it respectful, and inside the lines.

5 Likes

Brilliant!

Thank you for saving me the trouble. :beers:

I wasn’t offended really but it did seem a little aggressive.

Anyhow it is true that I did not take the fact, about the new line of products and the new components, into account. When I first saw the announcement it was the first thing I felt. As do alot of people here as well.
I think that in itself is a big problem for Elektron. Because of past issues with the new products, overbridge and the general communication around them, they have created this feeling among there consumers. That it’s all about the numbers and not about making what they offer now, better. That it isn’t about innovation anymore. Which ofcourse isn’t completely true. I would love to have a digitone and will have one one day and will absolutely love it to dead as I love my mono, md, ak and octa. It was made with love even though it doesn’t have this or that.

But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t an issue with the very frantic follow up of releasing in only two years. It feels off. And because of this the Mk 2 looks like a paintjob and repackaging to sell the product at a higher(former) price. I think it’s a dangerous move and peoples reaction speak volumes.

1 Like

new screen is definitely a welcome upgrade. I was planning to buy second Heat and probably will do so. Especially when the prizes for the second hand mk1 units will continue to decline. Should I buy the mk2? Hmm, not so sure. Maybe, if it will integrate the MIDI interface functionality. I would also loved to see the increased amount of input connections for some line-mixing duties. Well, maybe next time. Anyways, well done Elektron, it looks nice and sound awesome.

1 Like

It’s not a myth at all. It’s the way it is. Whether or not you think it’s ok, that IS how it works. Not universally I’ll grant you, but generally speaking it very much is par for the course. Even a company that is normally on time with releases, will occasionally need to rework something, or scrap and restart a product. It is how these things go. You obviously haven’t worked in these fields. I’ve worked at many VERY large and prominent software, hardware, and game companies, and this stuff happens A LOT.

The smart companies (take id Software as an example) will explicitly say from first announcement, “It will ship when it’s ready.” Because they know damn well that it could take longer than they think.

Unless you’re writing a very small, very specific, one function program, things get very complicated very quickly. Especially when you’re dealing with multiple hardware vendors, multiple software layers, APIs, Windows, Mac OS, etc. Something that SHOULD work very well might not for the most asinine of reasons, and it may not even be YOUR software that’s the problem. Trying to get MS or Apple to make a change or fix for something that doesn’t quite work right, and is part of a specification, can take a long time, if it EVER gets fixed at all.

Some people will work around this. Sometimes it’s not possible. Sometimes your software works on 80% of hardware, but you know the 20% that it doesn’t is going to cause a HUGE stink, so you delay it, so you can try to fix at least the 15% of that.

Calling software delays a myth, is among the silliest things I’ve ever heard.

5 Likes

I always wondered why the Heat screen was so bad. It had terrible viewing angles. It seemed worse than the the previous Electron units. And then Digitakt came out just a few month later with a snazzy new screen. And then the AR and AF mkII line came out with totally different form factor. Seems they went through a very chaotic stage of rapidly changing aesthetics.

Software delays are not a myth, but calling delays acceptable or ”the way the business works” is. If a project does not meet it’s schedule, it’s a failure.

3 Likes

The main logo needs to be on an OLED :wink:

Please keep this discussion on the topic of Analog Heat MKII.

4 Likes

That´s like buying a car…and after you bought it, the car company releases a newer model with new chome parts and updated nav system. No reason to be sad. The Mk1 is still great! And brings you from a to b.

5 Likes

Re: the “$200” difference - the increase in Elektron’s own MSRP pricing is an extra $40, regardless of what the resellers are doing (which is discounting the old product and not the new one, as you’d expect). The Mk1 was $779 and the Mk2 is now $819.

2 Likes

I think it makes sense to give the AH a makeover to match the current line up, I don’t see what the problem is, personally I’m happy with my mkI, the look and performance, the new version hasn’t changed that. I also don’t think the Heat is particularly expensive compared to other character boxes, is it?

8 Likes