Introducing Analog Heat MKII

That’d be great… with 8 audio outputs ^^

1 Like

On one hand, I understand the bad image it provides because people are eagerly waiting functionnalities they were promised and instead get some comestic update on a recent product with a price bump. Which that if you NEED to get latest product, you will have to spend more money.
Also I feel it gives kind of a greedy capitalistic look to elektron, which seems more focused on getting new products out regularly, without a lot of innovation and seemingly disregarding their current line up.

On the other hand, if it’s not that important of an update, you really don’t NEED to buy it. Honestly, MD and MnM were already more than enough to produce anything. Plus, cheap MK1 all over eBay for us who realise it is more than enough for what we do!

1 Like

That’s not what your profile picture shows. The Men In Black may have erased your memory ^^
#DarkTrinityFadesToGrey

I understand totally why they had to do this from a technical perspective - they couldn’t keep the legacy LCD displays in production for ever. Better for everyone for them to to be using consistent technologies across their range.

However - I think they made 2 mistakes… calling it a MK2 with no obvious updates to core functionality was always going to wind up the community here. The price - despite new encoders and display I think the price increase is too much.

All in all I am happy with my MK1, but I am sure the new displays will make a positive change to usability. The display in the MK1 is pretty bad if you are off angle.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d expect it to be grey to now start moving into being coherent with the bigger models.

Wait, it’s $819US now? Good lord

How dare you ?..

The fact that this device has no new functionality to offer is extremely strange. At least more inputs could have been very useful.

And there is no moaning, from what I can tell the thread is full of people who are confused as to why this is a thing. Strange, very strange.

2 Likes

No! No!

Not essential , quite expensive but it’s better I guess ( not that I understand the audible difference in the changes to the magic input and output numbers) . I’m not sure how different noisy distortion will be on this new box but a/b comparisons will help with that.

I expect digitakt 2 will be overbridge enabled ( pending release ). If it drops later this year / next year.

Maybe this could be tacked onto a digitakt and digitone , a bit like the keyboard added to the monomachine. Would look quite long and funny…

The inevitable … firmware patches for bugs , is old one getting updates , people asking if the screen has those similar lines across it from dt , sticky buttons , etc…

If I were desperate for this i’d Wait a few months , I guess the price will drop months after release.

I’m surprised they released it with the screen if it was not sustainable as I’m sure the digitakt would have been in production when it was released. Surely they have projections of sustainability when creating a product and knew there would be difficulties ?

Ok , wow … I dont understand.
I guess in the future i’ll wait for next version of every machine so i can get the mk1 for 50% of the price :slight_smile:
So when is Digitakt MK2 ?

7 Likes

Yes, I think it shows they’re—on some level—disconnected from what their users want.

It’s easy to rationalize it when you think about standardization of parts for manufacturing purposes, but users don’t care at all about that. They want products that inspire them to make their best music.

I think the “wtf?!” reaction when I saw this was shared by many, Elektron should have thought through this launch more carefully: no fanfare, just a quiet website update and plain, transparent language explaining why they did what they did.

This would have almost entirely prevented backlash.

4 Likes

I think Elektron’s PR and Marketing departments need to have more communication. Tensions are already raised with the release of the Digitone and the Digitakt being over a year out of release currently.

1 Like

We will keep seeing mk2 and then mk3 before overbridge.

Yeah just a simple “hey guys, we’ve run out of the old ones and decided to give the newly manufactured ones a face lift; price is slightly higher due to OLED screen and whatnot” would have sufficed.

7 Likes

I agree

Yep!

I believe there are more sides to this release; Elektron stated on their Instagram account that “The reason for this upgrade is that some of the MkI components reached end of life, so we took the opportunity improve some of the hardware to our new buttons, encoders and screen.”

4 Likes

No way those component upgrades justify the huge price hike…

2 Likes