Introducing Analog Heat MKII

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™m done with this thread now. Itā€™s become a place to moan I guess. How long should they have kept sourcing that original display (that was difficult to read at certain angles) to have kept you happy? 1 more yearā€¦ 2 more years?? :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I couldnā€™t quite put my finger on it, but yes

1 Like

I think the point is that they shouldnā€™t have sourced it in the first place. They didnā€™t know two years ago that that was a crap display? They needed to release it first and let their customers do the QA for them to figure that out? Thatā€™s basically the problem with the Elektron of today IMO. 10 years ago they released products that were tested & done from a hardware perspective, fixed things that needed fixing, and updated software on a regular basis. Now they release unfinished products, expect customers to live with flaws, and pay for fixes in Mk II III IV etc. Ridiculous.

6 Likes

Wow, hardware updates seem to come faster than virtual instrument updates now-a-days!

Looks pretty good and I have not bought a heat yet (MK1 dark trinity owner) so this may be my first MKII !

prints dropping them #facts

1 Like

You are correctā€¦this is worthy of celebration and i will inevitability, angrily, buy oneā€¦ha

1 Like

Wow!! This is awesome!! Now Iā€™m going to have to sell my AH MK1 for half the price I got it for just so I can buy the MK2!!

7 Likes

People will always have positive and negative opinions on new products. I thought 2 years is short product cycle and it seemed the new mkii products were to go alongside the heat and digitakt and now it seems a new digitakt is highly possible after 2 years if following this structure. I feel itā€™s too short and others feel different. Thatā€™s fine with me and Iā€™m not trying change anyoneā€™s mind. Itā€™s good to have different viewpoints.

I am surprised how annoyed people get when someone points out something they donā€™t like. The internet has become very sensitive. Speak up and moan if you want, shout how amazing it is if you want. Iā€™ll enjoy reading either side

3 Likes

GS mkII is here ^^
Letā€™s blame it on the OB :joy:

1 Like

for when digitakt MK2 ?

3 Likes
1 Like

This is the correct answer. Now they all have the same nice display, better buttons and encoders.

25 Likes

All the neg comments are kinda running together in my head, ending up with the contradictory-seeming ā€œthis is just a cosmetic upgrade that has no reason to exist, and also it makes my Heat mk1 completely obsoleteā€

5 Likes

Hahaā€¦

Man i sound insane!..over(bridge)reactive mad rantā€¦number 3041ā€¦

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m happy with my brand new mint condition bugless MK1s. You guys can keep your MK2s, thanks. :panda:

4 Likes

I like my coffee (and my synths) black. Like my men.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve had my AH for less than a year and I donā€™t care that the MKII unit is out. Nothing has happened to my now ā€˜oldā€™ oneā€¦ still functions the same and still sounds just as amazing. My warranty hasnā€™t disappeared and itā€™s still a fully supported device. Every single thing is just as it was yesterday.

Had they added a bunch of new features, yeah, OK, Iā€™d be a little a little annoyed, but if those features meant enough to me Iā€™d sell mine and get the new one. Thatā€™s just how these things work. Improvements are made and products move on. This MKII is just minor (IMO) tweaks to align with the other units and was bound to happen.

You want something that doesnā€™t become ā€œobsoleteā€ so quickly, buy a guitar, piano or a flute. Donā€™t get anything with a microprocessor or USB port.

19 Likes

I feel your pain Adamā€¦
At least AH mkII proves that not all Swedes are on vacation this summer :innocent:

2 Likes

They got priorities I guess

1 Like