Introducing Analog Heat MKII

Screen should be orange.

1 Like

well, optically it is more compatible with the digitakt/digitone lineā€¦

wondering if there will be an octatrack mk3 compatible with the analogfour and analogrytm mk2 designā€¦

Iā€™m just sad they did not implement M/S on the hardware. Itā€™s supposed to be available through overbridge but having with no need for computer, conversion or latency would have been ace.

I have to sympathize with some of the moaning since Iā€™ve been having a hard time offloading my mkI gear. Itā€™s interesting elektron went from not building any overlapping machines with making mkIIs with some or no new featuresā€¦ navigating the extremes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So we can assume that an Analog Keys MKii will be released soon.

I feel that the price hike is to help out the mk1 owners.

If you choose to sell your mk1 then youā€™re not going to have to sell it for half- thereā€™s no significant reason to upgrade and thereā€™s no significant reason to opt to buy a mk2 > a mk1

You can still get a good return back from your mk1

3 Likes

Is there a nice OS update along with it, one that MK1 users might get as well?

2 Likes

Street Fighter 2: World Warrior
Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting

6 Likes

Just to be sure, there are no changes to the internals usb-wise and when OB arrives there will be no difference in performance between the MKI and MKII?

Seems logically weird thinking considering the price drops of the mk1 dark trinities. People are selling there A4ā€™s for ridiculously low prices.

The A4 has a fluctuation of love and hate, anyway.

The A4mk2 update has more significant updates than the Heat mk2 update

Not to mention thereā€™s been a blitz of awesome gear being announced and thatā€™s competing with the second hand market

I mean, you can sell your Heat for cheap if you want- Iā€™m sure many people are like me when they saw this announcement and thought ā€œnow maybe I can get a mk1 on the cheapā€

I have no desire for the mk2- the updates arenā€™t worth spending the money for in my opinion- but for those that need the latest and greatest- let them underestimate their current gears worth

3 Likes

for some reason i could see this coming, maybe it was the recent video (Analog vs Digital) or just the lack of a status update on overbridge for a long time.

1 Like

That I follow. You Made it seem like you would get a better price for an mk1 because of the mk2.

Thatā€™s up to the people selling theirs- given the price point and features of the mk2s, it doesnā€™t seem like the 2nd hand mk1s should be altered.

~630 for a used one vs $820 new mk2

kinda sad seeing a company shooting itself in the foot ā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, me too! Letā€™s hope eh :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video review is up. This guy does great content. Canā€™t recall if heā€™s a member here or not? Apologies if you are!

8 Likes

i have no dog in this fight, and iā€™m certainly not unrealistic or unsympathetic to the business side of things. we artists like to project our ā€œartist idealsā€ out into the world, which is foolish, but even more foolish is when we all get bent out of shape when capitalistic enterprise doesnā€™t live up to those ideals. business is amoral; ā€œelektronā€ the business does not ā€œcareā€ about customers. it makes perfect sense that theyā€™d want consistency along their product line. all businesses do it. restaurants tend to repurpose a core of ingredients into different menu items. it just makes good sense to do that. all that said though, the AH seems like the 3rd least important product in the elektron repitoire behind only OH and the AD. just really bad timing given everything else on their plate atm. itā€™s just a bad look.

1 Like

I like that this guy. My favorite gear guy

No way! I was checking Thomann just couple hours ago and thought itā€™s weird that AH was not available, and it just crossed my mind for a split second, that maybe an MKII is comingā€¦ but it made no sense, right? :joy: I came home, open elektronauts ā€¦ and BOOM!!! :joy::joy::joy:

Well Iā€™d rather see some AF MKII bug fixes insteadā€¦ but hey ā€¦

Anyways congrats on the new Heat! I think Iā€™ll be buying one very soon :grimacing:

EVERYBODY is getting heated today :rofl:

13 Likes