Internal battery fail in new Machinedrum

Anyone had this problem or got any ideas… brand new machine drum bought in March this year internal battery failed in May sent back to Guitar Guitar who sent it back to Elektron unit returned June battery has gone again.

what a drag. a pretty rare issue in my experience. i’m sure you’ll hate to be without it again, but at least you’ve still got warranty coverage.

i’d try elektron support, maybe they can help you troubleshoot.

1 Like

Sucks but I can vouch Elektron turn around is good in my experience. Had a pad go on my RYTM fixed and back to me in about two weeks.

1 Like

Yes they are on the case they suspect something is draining the battery and I cant fault Guitar Guitar either their customer service is refreshing in this day and age

1 Like

this has just happened to me. Brand new MD battery dead in a week :frowning:

Good job I didn’t sell my trusty MPC yet, got some big gigs coming up. No way I can trust the MD now, even if it gets fixed in time!

Update
Elektron have said that they can replace the entire CPU which they ‘guarantee’ will rectify this problem. Alternatively, they can replace the entire unit but it may talk a few weeks as they do not currently have stock.
Opted for replacement CPU

1 Like

I’m tempted to ask for a refund, I cant risk my drum machine failing at a gig, the fact that the whole memory is dependant on a battery which may or may not work has ruined my whole outlook on this bit of gear. I’m pretty gutted to be honest!

Well Im not totally conversant with the MD but as I understand it the battery powers the internal memory when the power off, so when you turn it on its as it was when you last used it. If you save the project /snapshot? to the +drive and load it when you turn it on you should be OK.

It’s the non UW model so it isn’t have a plus drive, gonna see what they say when they reply to my ticket. They must not work weekends because I messaged them on Friday. It’ll no doubt take a couple of weeks to get sorted because I doubt they will have any left to send me a replacement one!

Well its back in the country, should be here tomorrow keep you posted

1 Like

Mine is on its way back to Sweden for a new CPU also. Really hope it’s going to be ok in the future, I’m going to be worried before every gig though that I’ll turn it on and see the dreaded low battery sign again! I was thinking I might take a laptop with a sysex back up just in case. That way if it ever happens again I could load my set onto it before hand and keep it turned on. Anyway fingers crossed the new CPU won’t have the same fault.
Guess we’ve both been really unlucky!
Keep me posted how yours turns out dude:-)

I’d think things would be fine. Sounds like they found the underlying issue. When I’ve had servers with persistent problems that were found to be cpu related, replacing the cpu cleared things up, then everything was fine.

Well it came back and so far the battery issue seems solved but it arrived with one of the trig buttons jammed down so Im now waiting for Elektrons reply to Guitar Guitar , but if its got to go back again thats three times in five months !!!

1 Like

Damn that’s no good man! I won’t be getting mine back for a while, they are all on holiday this week so it won’t get looked at till next week :frowning:

Its going back for the third time and there will be some compensation for the inconvenience fingers crossed.

That is some bad luck, third times a charm as they say!

Mines coming back tomorrow, I bought direct from Elektron and the lovely guys there have thrown in a shoulder bag and plastic cover for the hassle I’ve had. Fingers crossed its going to be ok!

1 Like

Thats great they are sending a Elektron Turbomidi TM1 for the inconvenience haven’t got a date yet though… cant wait

1 Like

Finally got it back yesterday everything seems OK

2 Likes

Is it normal that if I don’t plug in my MD UW+ for two weeks that when I do plug it in the factory reset runs all over again? I bought mine right when the price cut was announced.