Internal battery fail in new Machinedrum

That is not normal.

Mine was ok for 2 weeks, now its crashing randomly so that everything is frozen and i have to switch it off.

damn, seems like the last units were not as reliable as the older ā€¦
mine has 12 years old and never had a problem with it ā€¦

from bad to worse. switched it on today and internal battery has gone for the second time. Low battery message on startup and all patterns erased. Thatā€™ll probably explain the crashes!

This is common with the machinedrum sps1 uw it appears I bought mine march 2016 and one year later with gentle use its saying lowbattery and erased all my work. Now Iā€™m trying to find the type of battery and waiting on elektron to reply I think this is a defective batch in their machines and should be repaired by them regardless of warranty. super bummed
Does anyone know what type of internal battery needs to be replaced? Thanks

Contact Elektron. This is a known issue with the last batch of the silver boxes.

1 Like

Hi can you elaborate from where is it known issue?? I have one of the last batchā€¦ Bit worriedā€¦

It has been mentioned here a few times in the thread(s) about the end of the line for the silver machines. Iā€™ve seen it mentioned on r/synthesizers as well. Elektron are aware of the issue, and to the best of my knowledge have sorted things out for the folks who have contacted them about it.

1 Like

i had the same issue and you can easily replace it by yourself as I did.

You need this battery: Panasonic CR 2450 3V

Can also be another brand of CR 2450 3V.
I do not know if it is important but I looked that the new battery had also the same mAh which is 620, some are different and have e.g. only 570 or 590. I got the Duracell, which also was 620 mAh.

3 Likes

Seeing as you only bought it in 2016 its still under warranty so I would send it back to electron before you open it up and void that warranty.

1 Like