Intech Studio

Neat looking USB controller modules - get a fader module, knob module… whatever you need, and snap the modules together. Only one USB cable needed.

8 Likes

I’ve ended up using the Monogram controllers instead, although their MIDI support is still a bit nascent — it’s primarily a Lightroom tool for me. That said, if you sign up for the SDK, there’s a ton you can actually do with the manual configuration options for midi— been meaning to dig in to this properly for a bit. Sadly, they do currently require the desktop code to be running to generate midi, but I’m still holding out hope (and talking to the dev team) about a class compliant firmware mode.

I wish all these would have stand alone midi modes for us hardware freaks!

See also (there s a thread on it): https://special-waves.com/

1 Like

Expensive , a single 16 encoder box is same price as a notation / akai full device.

2 Likes

Coincidentally, I have a Grid that’s just cleared customs. I’d also try out one of these Intech Studio Grids, but I need to send OSC. I’ll watch their firmware updates.

20% off for Superbooth (not affiliated)
Wish they’d turn down/off the background music when talking!

2 Likes

oh snap, totally forgot about this

Wondering if anyone has any reviews for these? Thinking about picking up the EN16 and EF44 while taking advantage of the 20% off. I’ll be replacing my midi fighter twister so I realize I’ll be losing out on some functionality but really want to add some sliders to my setup.

A bit late to the party here, but I’ve been using the Grids for the past few months and finally put together a wee demo video/review:

TL;DR they are neat, portable, work well, and are very handy. The software is very capable. Only down side for me is that there is a bit of a learning curve for some of the programming side.

9 Likes

https://intech.studio/grid-controllers

I seen State Azure use a couple of these in a recent YouTube upload, was wondering in any of you gnauts have any experience with these?

2 Likes

I am in the process of making a config for the EF44 for use with a digitone.

Just started getting to know these devices, the absolute freedom they provide is unbeatable.

1 Like

For info they have a 50% discount on last EF44 units with the code EF44-50-OUT.

1 Like

Wish they had a 3.5mm MIDI out.

1 Like

They sell the “knot” for that, but that an expense to add on top.

Hey there!

So the video for my config for the Digitone just dropped.

I linked the Instagram reel where I kind of explain what my idea was.

If you have an EF-44 module, you can grab this config from the Grid Editors profile cloud pretty soon!

6 Likes

Great stuff! I saw your video just after I have purchased the same for my setup. Planning to use the 4 faders to re-create scenes on the syntakt (by assigning them to MW, PB, AT and BC).

Loving the small form factor of these!

1 Like

The config is live!

You can grab it from the grid editors Public Profile section!

It is called Digitone - 4 track control

I had fun making this config, and I am far from over. Right now I’m working on a dual EF44 config to control ALL relevant CC parameters of the beloved Digitakt.

The config will have pages for the delay, reverb, a mixer/compressor section, and a surprise page aswell, stay tuned! <3

Intech has been hinting to a new “sibling” controller on their social media. No details about what it is and when it will be available. I’m curious.

I wonder why they’re NOT popular yet. I really hope it’s not because they’re not investing twice of production budget on marketing…

edit: sorry I’ve mistype a crucial word (not) and my sentence sounded a bit pessimist. corrected that

I have the knot and the EF44 and I’m super happy with it. They’re very well made and heavy enough so that it sits still on your desk. They also have a handy midi config tool which can do quite advanced things. I route the clock and program changes from the OT and the EF44 into the Syntakt to control the MW and BC (similar to the digitone setup of their recent IG post).

1 Like