Intech Studio

I’m hoping some encoders and a crossfader

1 Like

If TRS-MIDI ever becomes part of a future iteration then I’m in. No hate or entitlement, compelling wee devices and concept as is and very much see the appeal.

1 Like

They have Knot, which allows to connect synths etc via TRS-MIDI (and without needing a computer).

2 Likes

Totally, and have noted, just when being compact and modular, would love to see another lil output added rather than a separate box. Still considering them, don’t get me wrong!

1 Like

I got the EF44 a few months back and with the app, makes this a very formidable DAW/VST controller for me. It was a little bit of a hurdle (for me) configuring it through the app as I was overcomplicating things, but if you dig there are a few videos that show you how to program it and then you realize it’s really easy.

I’ll probably pick up another one eventually.

1 Like

October 25 is around the corner.

They look great. Would grab one if there was uk stores with them.

I know it’s easy to order from the states but import tax etc is a pain I’d rather avoid

You sure Intech is in the states? I’m in Miami and the shipping rate and times are what has kept me from ordering. Figured they were in £uro land somewhere cross yonder.lol

Not sure, I just thought they were because prices are in US dollars

Will check again

Located in Budapest

2 Likes

Love the form factor. It’s an inevitable purchase. Just wish they’d send some units stateside or to major distributors for ease of service (returns, exchange, etc).

Really hoping for some wireless options too.

1 Like

Yes! They are a small entrepreneur company based in Hungary, which for me is an extra incentive to try and trust. There is a lot going on with production of interesting music gear in Eastern Europe!

2 Likes

What is interesting is that the main driver seems to not purely musical but multimedia, with mentions to Adobe and DaVinci.

I’ve been looking into this and the electra one…

Is it easy to make macros? Like assign 4 midi cc values with different min and max value to one encoder?
Eg when you turn, the delay fdb increases, delay filter decreases, stereo width increases…

Is that straightforward? Of do you need to code in lua? Or is this not possible?

I case anyone has the same question: I reached out to Intech. You can program macro’s. It’s not straightforward, but can’t be that hard I suppose…

I would like to use 2 EN16’s

• one to control my 1010 bluebox with 4 pages: vol (and press-mute), delay (press-mute), reverb (…), ? 12 top encoders for track volume, bottom 4 for page selection and something extra… Bluebox can act as USB midi host, so I can plug the intech straight into the bluebox. Unfortunately, there is no midi thru on the bluebox…
  • one to control syntakt, mm2, doctor A, …

For those I will need a usb midi host. I could buy one (from intech), but would prefer something more functional for the money. I read on this thread that the Keystep 37 can act as a usb midi host, but can’t find anything in the manual. Does anyone know if I could connect the EN16 to the keystep over USB and then get everything connected with a midi hub over the DIN midi out of the keystep 37?

I’ld rather spend 185 on a keystep 37 than 100 on a usb midi hub…