I'm genuinely thinking about buying a laptop and Ableton. Talk me out of it

PC’s are always wank, except if you spend time and effort to build yr own. Not possible with laptops.

So do you have enough money left over for a couple shimmerverb plugins?

1 Like

Get Tae fuck

Keen to hear your thought about going ITB. It looks really nice to be able to multitrack record into a fully fleshed out DAW

Yes. It also works on all my windows PC’s. As nasty and horrific as they are.

Can I get back to badgering @Fin25 now?

PS - Mac is better. Carry on.

ok, now it’s time to join:

Suffer.

2 Likes

I’ll get you.

You just wait.

When you least expect it…

1 Like

Looking forward to your first dis track written on your new Mac.

If this computer crashes once, just once I’m going to track all of you down and embarrass you at your places of work, in front of all your work friends.

12 Likes

Logic has great sounding plugins (e.g. Neve & Pultec EQs) and a few lovely details like Flex Pitch and Drummer. But Ableton is so much quicker to work with. I recommend having both.

For the record : I never told you to get a Mac.

2 Likes

… so I get a break from doing that myself on a daily basis. You do have a kind and gentle nature.

Edit - getting yourself a Magic Mouse?

Well not quite that bad but I get where you’re coming from :joy: .

The upgrades are to keep up with all of the software updates over the years. Still loads cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

1 Like

What is a “work friend”?

3 Likes

What’s a friend?

4 Likes

Is this about sneaking off from the family because your gear is tethered to a studio, when the computer can roam free? If so, I can definitely relate. And this is why I really love all-in-one grooveboxes that I can take with me and use in standalone. This is what led me to use the MPC almost exclusively to make music for over a year, and now I tend to make music on the laptop and on the Syntakt in standalone. Any hardware that requires me to plug it into other hardware or the computer pretty much just sits on a shelf nowadays - while the Syntakt and the MC-101 follow me around the house so I can make music without sneaking away.

I think you’ll be happy making music on the computer, but if you’re like me, you’ll still want a multitimbral synth to noodle with. :blush:

1 Like

We should start badgering him to get an MPC…

4 Likes

Save that for his “thinking of going OTB” post

12 Likes

This thread has over 400 posts…

What would happen if you decided to switch to banjo exclusively?

6 Likes