I think I drive the DX-7 of automobiles

Correct. It can also make a killer bass.

The Moog on the other hand makes me look like an uptight business person short on time and big on sales forecasts.

1 Like

My first car was a 1972 mini with an MG Metro engine in it. Went like shit off a shovel.

It’s all been downhill, car wise since then.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where my 15yr old smoker lives in the synth world. ‘Challenging’ looks but the user experience rewards you in spades. More power under the hood than you’d expect and sounds creamier than a creamy thing.

A rarity, now and back when they were new. Plenty of 4 cylinder and M Sport models out there but not many with the classic BMW straight six. No modern snazzy accoutrements like a turbo or any of that stuff, just a big lump in a tight handling little package.

BMW 130i M Sport

3 Likes

Lots of wagon/estate love in this thread.

4 Likes

I keep looking longingly at the 3 series touring but I really don’t need another car. The mid naughties 5 series M Sport tourings Are just sex on wheels for me. Shame they’ve all got astronomical (admittedly mostly motorway) miles on them.

2 Likes

this was my old car, a 2002 honda civic si. they’re weird, fun, reliable, handle like they’re on rails, and relatively rare in the US. not sure what the synth equivalent would be here, though. i also used to have regular nightmares about it getting stolen or broken into. the latter happened at least once. our current car, a vw gti, has given me much less anxiety but has probably cost more money over time.

5 Likes

My perfourmer mk2 always reminds me of a German taxi… I remember a few guys from NY coming to holland, astounished we ride Benz as cabs… :wink:

4 Likes

So true. I think what astonishes Europeans visiting the States is the number of gigantic pick up trucks that never seem to haul or tow anything.

3 Likes

I drive an 2012 Avensis estate. Never fails on me, but if I had a synth this dull I would sell it in a heartbeat… :wink:

1 Like

My Dutch car and synth:

bike mono

13 Likes

I’ve also got the Goal Zero to go in the back and the solar panels on top… add some Elektrons…

1 Like

I don’t know. But what I know, is that I was unable to load the CS-80 into my smart roadster the day I bought it :joy:

5 Likes

Ready for the road trip.

yes, it’s a 94… has a 42 gallon tank, two air conditioners, JBA headers, Edelbrock IAS shocks, Maganaflow exhaust, Hellwig front sway bar, Moog control arm assemblies, Cunningham Machines u-joint steering shaft upgrade, 144,000 miles

1 Like

It’s funny how many people I met through music are former or current 97 Civic owners.

2 Likes

3lt Audi A4 S-Line. Muscle car looks inside, and streamlined and svelte on the outside. Bought mainly because of it’s Bang and Olufsen sound system as I love music, and muscle car looks inside as I grew up watching Smokey And The Bandit and Dukes of Hazard etc.

Probably a Behringer clone of an American synth then given it’s German, sounds great and has a nostalic feel of a classic American sports car. So maybe a Poly D, or a Pro 1, but an old one as it need cleaning inside thumbnail_IMG_1727

3 Likes

14575033_800

4 Likes

Naturally you want the best car as a taxi because they last forever if properly maintained. Theyre mostly mercedes in Finland, too.

2 Likes

I plan to buy a W123 series Mercedes for exactly that reason. I kind of want to have it professionally modified to look like a rally car.

2 Likes

Inexpensive and reliable cars mean more money and time for synths! :laughing:

2 Likes